dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone, I restored this old riviters forge awhile ago but thought I would post it here. I dipped every piece in an electrolysis bath and then painted and re-lettered the blower. It worked like new and I sold it for a HUGE profit! I wish I had more of these to restore...
2013-04-01 15.54.33.jpg 2013-04-26 17.25.14.jpg
2013-04-26 17.26.13.jpg

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good work! that is very cool and I bet a great conversation piece.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
good work! that is very cool and I bet a great conversation piece.
It was a lot of fun, I hope to find more of these to restore.
Next up is a old Buda railroad jack.I will start a thread soon on that with pictures and progress...

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Did you use it at at all?

GOD Bless

Chris

Chris, I didn't have the heart to use it as it was so nice. So I sold it and it paid for my new Sand shark. I am still going to play with blacksmithing, as I am going to make a brake drum forge.

sent from a potato...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE! Thats neat. Fantastic job and great that you saved it.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on that blower. I see those out on the road. I'll start looking to see what they want for em. I picked this old Honda 90 up at a yard-sale last summer. It had a busted fin on the head and I found a head with all good fins on ebay. I ordered a reprint manual that just about sucks for reference, but it may offer some help. Thats as far as I've got to any restoration on it. I look at it once in awhile and think do you really want to tear in to it or just leave it as is . :dontknow:

Attachments

• 64 honda.jpg
    64 honda.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 304
OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good job on that blower. I see those out on the road. I'll start looking to see what they want for em. I picked this old Honda 90 up at a yard-sale last summer. It had a busted fin on the head and I found a head with all good fins on ebay. I ordered a reprint manual that just about sucks for reference, but it may offer some help. Thats as far as I've got to any restoration on it. I look at it once in awhile and think do you really want to tear in to it or just leave it as is . :dontknow:
That bike has some great patina going on. I would be tempted to just fix any mechanical issues and use it as is. Although all shiny and restored is quite tempting as well! Lol.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bike has some great patina going on. I would be tempted to just fix any mechanical issues and use it as is. Although all shiny and restored is quite tempting as well! Lol.
I know things can only be in original state one time only. There is a fella who wants it as it is, as that's what he collects any thing original and old. There's so many ways to go with it, such as aluminum rims and bigger Lifan engines and all. Seat covers and re-pop seats. Motor turns over well. Not sure compression is up to snuff? but the trans clicks through all the speeds. I may just do some horse trading with it. I do have a good signed title for it. I almost bought a 66' Honda S90 front fork and engine I found on CL, but never made the move on it before the add went away. I was thinking resto-mod with better engine and front suspension with OEM Honda parts. I gave very little for it and would have no shortage of interested buyers to flip it and some. I'm going to look for an old forge now. I did spot one for sale and it may still be there, just need to get over that way and see. Can't remember the condition all that well and if I recall it didn't look as heavy duty as this Buffalo you did such a fine job on. I do think it was complete for the most part. I'll be over that way in a few weeks. I'll maybe PM you a pic and you can let me know whats the most I should give, as I can't remember the price, but I have less then a 100 in my brain. I had the image of making it a working unit as I daydreamed the little I did on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If you can pick up an old forge that's not destroyed for less than a hundred you are doing really well!! Just make sure the blower works and its not rusted out in the bottom... please feel free to message me if you like.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I do think I did dink around cranking the blower and it did spin. The downer if I recall was some thinly rusted sheet steel. I'll see here soon if it's still there. There are several antique places I go by that have allot of old farm & ranch gear.

OP
OP
dieselram94

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Okay, I do think I did dink around cranking the blower and it did spin. The downer if I recall was some thinly rusted sheet steel. I'll see here soon if it's still there. There are several antique places I go by that have allot of old farm & ranch gear.
Was the thin rusted sheet metal a heat shield, or part of the pan?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread