Eclypz

Greenie
Feb 10, 2018
WWII, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Vallon VMH3CS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A few weeks back we found 2 MORE Rifle Grenades from WWII on our property. They were confirmed to be inert. One was intact and the other was broken apart. The base was fine but the nose was crushed. So I decided to have a go at restoring it. I put the base into electrolysis and smoothed out what was left of the nose. When we found the nose, It was flattened, cracked and rotting apart since they made the tips out of sheet metal, which saved money and allowed the nose to be replaceable. Since it was in terrible shape; I decided my best route was to form a JB Weld cast out of tape, fill it in, then sand it down. Somehow it worked; and After sanding both pieces I sprayed it With a primer. After that I painted it flat black; just like the inerts would have been painted back then. The only step left is to stencil it; but I’m very content with its current look so I may leave it as it is. This was a ton of fun and turned out better than I thought! :icon_thumright:

1A2E0405-EE80-4D84-9C88-E8775D0390C8.jpeg

7ECE3957-3D83-4772-A0D3-DB2F3359C2C3.jpeg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Molly that is freakin cool great display piece I'm gonna need one of this now lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread