The sons of the American revolution joining

CivilWarSaver

Sep 28, 2017
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Technetics Delta 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! If you don't already know me, i am a 13 year old boy and I metal detect my grandparents civil war house and find bullets,buttons,horseshoes, etc. I also am Metal Detecting a 1798 rev veterans house close to me. Anyways make to the topic. I was wondering if a 13 year old is eligible to join the SAR. I have also been doing my family tree on Ancestry .com. I have found over five revolutionary war vets in my family and have a lot of documentation about them. Thanks!

Upvote 0

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CWS, it is great to hear from someone as young as yourself so interested in our American History and in your family genealogy. We as Americans have a very proud Heritage. There are some sad chapters in our History that has helped to define us as Americans and our country today. Stay interested and learn as much as you can. We never learn it all, but it is a History worth studying. That's great that you are into relic hunting and able to find relics on your Grandparents home place. This makes it even more special. I wish I could help you out on the SAR with the rules of eligibility, but I'm not familiar. Go to their website and see if you can get more info there. Take care, and keep the love of History going. I'm 61 years old and have been into studying our CW History since the 3rd grade. May History Never grow old to you. Best of luck to you and continued Success to you in your endeavors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread