My first musket ball (I hope)

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

This is my first musket ball I ever found. Probably not a big deal to most of you, but it’s huge to me lol. I’ve always wanted to find one. It was located on the beach of a river in Maryland. It was laying on top.

I do not have a caliper measurer at the moment, but I did weigh it. Please see pic below.

Do you know if it’s an actual musket ball? If so, do you know if it’s possibly from the revolutionary war? It wasn’t found on a battlefield.

Lastly, I do not want to clean the patina off of it, so I can’t check for the casting sprue.

Thanks all.

BrettCo

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534729533.855691.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your fist round/musket ball. Patina gives it away as being older but they are actually still used today by hunters all over. Very hard to say it "was" used in a battle unfortunately.

Thanks! I am learning there was a famous battle in that exact area, so it’s possible it is from a battle. Still will never know, but I love having it and wondering where it came from!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread