Drilling a Black Diamond???

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
Hi Boys and Girls... Long time no hear. Internet service in Afghanistan SUCKS :D. I happen to have a couple of 5ct all natural real black diamonds and they are unheated and untreated, making them worth a medium sized fortune according to the folks in Antwerp, Belgium. My question is where would I send these stones to have a small hole drilled in the center of one of these beautiful stones so that I can place a .20ct white diamond in it for my wife. It will double the $$ value and make an absolutely stunning pc of jewelry for her. Please don't ask any questions, as I don't want to lie to anyone ::) ::) ::)

I just had a 1.1ct mounted in a ring and a 4.35ct mounted on a pendant for her. She is utterly amazed at the beauty of these stones.

OP
OP
W

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
YES!

There was an article in the Stars and Stripes about a month ago that stated an American geological survey team had gone into one area and looked around "geologically speaking", and they estimated that the mineral wealth of that area was worth 1-1.5 trillion US dollars. They stated that there were 2-3 other areas worth approx the same. We're talking commercial/industrial wealth, not retail stuff! Yes, I would be willing to bet that we are there for a portion of that pie :o. Headed back all too soon, so I will not be on TNet for awhile, again. Internet connections over there are so very slow! May your live's ALL be safe and filled with Treasure in whatever form you desire! See you in several months :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your service, keep safe. when my son was in iraq, 3xs, they made them empty everything out including all sand out of shoes. they didn't want anywone taking home any of their "holy soil", you can guess my son's reply. still don't know about drilling diamonds.

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wally,
First I have to tell you, Thank you so very much for your service to the USA.. I truly am very proud of you..and that was important for me to tell ya..

As for the black diamonds, YOU lucky dog, and as far as drilling the center out to put a white diamond in the middle, I honestly do not know where to tell you to send it. ( maybe Germany, I understand they are fantastic at hand faceting gems) Being a small time jewelry maker ( I dont facet or do fancy work like that). I do know that you run the risk of the stone cracking and then thats the end of that stone for you, so maybe consider putting the white diamonds around the outside of the black diamond, that is if a good jeweler says its risky to cut out the center. Black diamonds are one of my most favorite gems.. Your wife is one very very lucky lady.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
I sincerely appreciate ALL the well wishes. I did the "military service" thing many years ago and am now doing my service as a civilian contractor. I have been associated with my soldirs for over 30 years and wouldn't have it any other way and my wife knows that as well. Sometimes she doesn't like it but... She knows that's where my heart is and she's OK with that, for the time being. She truly is my TREASURE!!! There have been some close calls over there, especially with the 2 recent ground attacks against Kandahar Air Field, which is where I am located. The first M4 that hits the ground belongs to me, my company can fire me later :wink:. The black diamonds are of very good quality and are not that expensive (comparatively speaking) yet. I have been told that the 4.35 ct around my wife's neck is worth approx $13K. It's a beautiful stone and looks fabulous on her, to boot! I plan on buying a few more over time ;D.

Like I said before, the internet service over there sucks but hey, for where we are it's really not that bad. A few simple emails maybe, but no uploads or downloads of any consequence. I am going to spend the next several days wrapped up in my wife's arms and will hope to be home again around Christmas.

Please be safe, as I will, and hold your family close to your heart. Sometimes it is difficult without them. Knowing they stand behind you though is more powerfull than anything on earth.

Keep finding the "good stuff".

Walter

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good day!

Do a google search on "Kristallen AB" in Sweden.
If they can't help you, they might be able to redirect you. :thumbsup:
They also do cut diamonds and therefore might know. :coffee2:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread