Alum Crystals

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Largest crystals of the bunch
zclOphq.jpg

Had fun growing these for my 9 year old son..only grew them for a week.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
My girls & I use to do that. we had so much fun! Now they are grown & we all love to dig for rocks still. what you nurture when they are little is a part of who they will always be. Have fun!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. My 9 year old and 16 yr old are going on their first true dig with me in May. Hunting for amethyst. Playing in mud and spending time together. What could be more fun then that?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Make sure to pick the biggest one you can find. I go ahead and make a small knot and slip it over the crystal then double tie it. It took me a few times but finally got it.

Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there again!
Here's a cool trick for ya'll on camping trips and outtings.
Have fun and hope you find lots a nice amethyst!

734058_426840147395684_482911578_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. My 9 year old and 16 yr old are going on their first true dig with me in May. Hunting for amethyst. Playing in mud and spending time together. What could be more fun then that?

If you don't mind me asking.....where are you going amethyst hunting? Been around North Carolina, Northeast Georgia and East Tennessee rock hunting. I can give you some pointers if I knew what part of the country you were looking in. I have found some nice specimens in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Brian T. Booth

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
It is on privately owned land in NC. I belong to a mineral group and they have set it up for the members. I live about 20 to 30 minutes out of Boone, TN side close to Beech Mtn. Searching around where I live has really led to nothing except what comes out of Banner Elk via Elk River. So if you see some crazy loon army crawling down the banks of a river that would be me lol. I could use all the pointers I can get to help me with knowing what to look for.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there again!
Here's a cool trick for ya'll on camping trips and outtings.
Have fun and hope you find lots a nice amethyst!

734058_426840147395684_482911578_n.jpg

That is amazing. The kids have gotten into trying science experiments as well lately. I will have to show them that. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread