some obsidian I found in Lassen National park .

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks more like slag glass with the bubbles in it.

Upvote 0

backup1911

Greenie
May 1, 2013
Redmond, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett Pro Pointer, White's QXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen a lot of obsidian. I live near a couple of pretty large flows of it. I have seen some that is bubbled like like that but not often. The stuff that is bubbled like that seems to usually be near the smaller flows, and typically I've seen it as smaller roundish looking chunks that are pretty dull on the outside. It doesn't become obviously obsidian until you fracture the stones into pieces. At least that's how I've seen it around my area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

rockfine

Apr 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen a lot of obsidian. I live near a couple of pretty large flows of it. I have seen some that is bubbled like like that but not often. The stuff that is bubbled like that seems to usually be near the smaller flows, and typically I've seen it as smaller roundish looking chunks that are pretty dull on the outside. It doesn't become obviously obsidian until you fracture the stones into pieces. At least that's how I've seen it around my area.

Yes I get what your saying . This is obsidian I found it in a dull form an it looked all chalky on the outside its the inside that shines an this piece has fractures its just palm size but you can fracture it in to small pieces like your saying its lava glass so that's why u see the bubbles :) Cheers thanks for the words

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is against the law to remove it from the National Parks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

Sacajewea

Greenie
Sep 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question as to why he should worry if he got it from a park or not, does the land not belong to each and every one of us on this planet. The Illuminatti rob us daily and yet we say nothing but if someone finds a kewl specimen all hell breaks loose. I think we can put our voices to far better use then fretting over permission of a rock. Does big business ask before they rape us , Hell no. Just sayin....................

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question as to why he should worry if he got it from a park or not, does the land not belong to each and every one of us on this planet. The Illuminatti rob us daily and yet we say nothing but if someone finds a kewl specimen all hell breaks loose. I think we can put our voices to far better use then fretting over permission of a rock. Does big business ask before they rape us , Hell no. Just sayin....................

Against law to remove from inside the national park, he says he was outside park so no foul.

As fat as stealing from park what if everyone took that visited park, how long before it is noticeable...

TN has public access, members posting about breaking laws looks bad on our hobbies and on TN.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread