OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
They are beryl. The top one is actually the green so you could say it was an emerald. The second two you could call tourmaline.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
TeAra, It's all in the wording.. and don't worry about what you typed.. I (most of us) knew what you meant.. Lets not bicker abotu technacalities.. To those of you who want presise identification.. and the wording to go along with it.. best head over the Mindat.. Otherwise, Not corrections are needed here, but then again.. The only way to tell what soemthing really is.. is have it tested.. It is what one feels or thinks it could be.. and all stones (All Stones or Crystals) can be any color.. So if TeAra feels it's a beyrl, than it's a beryl.. and I'll not doubt her word, nor should you or leave your objectionable comments at the door.. it's ok to suggest what you feel soemthing is.. But it's not far to dash someones hopes on what something could be. my 2 cents worth..

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TeAra, It's all in the wording.. and don't worry about what you typed.. I (most of us) knew what you meant.. Lets not bicker abotu technacalities.. To those of you who want presise identification.. and the wording to go along with it.. best head over the Mindat.. Otherwise, Not corrections are needed here, but then again.. The only way to tell what soemthing really is.. is have it tested.. It is what one feels or thinks it could be.. and all stones (All Stones or Crystals) can be any color.. So if TeAra feels it's a beyrl, than it's a beryl.. and I'll not doubt her word, nor should you or leave your objectionable comments at the door.. it's ok to suggest what you feel soemthing is.. But it's not far to dash someones hopes on what something could be. my 2 cents worth..

...hardly....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes it was my bad for my illiteracy on how I worded what I first typed but in all defense it was due to how excited I was to share with my fellow collectors. Athough I will not retype what I typed. I do not post pictures to see negativity towards others who post so if anyone feels the need to be sarcastic or such just ignore my posts from now on. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread