Could this be lamproite/kimberlite.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Could this be lamproite/kimberlite.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Aug 2013
    perris, ca
    garret
    135
    102 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Could this be lamproite/kimberlite.

    You cant see em to good in this pic but theres several little clear gems in it. or could they be little pieces of Quartz? Found it near the skarn pocket I found.......Anybody?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB231537.JPG 
Views:	2421 
Size:	788.4 KB 
ID:	904187

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,873
    3760 times
    Prospecting
    I'm guessing it's not. If kimberlite you should see some pyrope, and chrome diopside crysts in it. One red, the other green. How are things down in Perris? I rode in the big motorcycle race down there in 1970-71. I also did some TT racing at the track there. Haven't been there in about 40 years. Ha ha...now that I think about it, I guess the big race was at Elsinore. The Grand Prix. Maybe I am getting old...LOL
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim in Idaho; Nov 24, 2013 at 03:20 PM.

  3. #3
    us
    Sep 2013
    Henderson, Nevada
    Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
    234
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As I understand it, Kimberlite is always blue, blue/green in color.
    Active Member - (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Association of America & (GSSN) Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada

    A real man only needs five things in his life, Women, Whiskey, Beer, Beans & Bacon!!!

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,873
    3760 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
    As I understand it, Kimberlite is always blue, blue/green in color.
    Nope...sometimes it's gray, and the blue, or green in it is often just a shade, or tone. Also lamproite can be tan, or buff-colored as easy as gray/blue.
    Jim
    IAMZIM and Clay Diggins like this.

  5. #5
    us
    Sep 2013
    Henderson, Nevada
    Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
    234
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Nope...sometimes it's gray, and the blue, or green in it is often just a shade, or tone. Also lamproite can be tan, or buff-colored as easy as gray/blue.
    Jim
    I certainly can't dispute what you say. I have been in two Kimberlite Tube Areas and they were distinctly blue in color. One, the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas, I've been there several times. The other was in Utah but I can't recall the name of the area.
    Active Member - (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Association of America & (GSSN) Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada

    A real man only needs five things in his life, Women, Whiskey, Beer, Beans & Bacon!!!

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,873
    3760 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
    I certainly can't dispute what you say. I have been in two Kimberlite Tube Areas and they were distinctly blue in color. One, the Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas, I've been there several times. The other was in Utah but I can't recall the name of the area.
    Here's a nice 3.8 carat chunk of chromian diopside I found in Wyoming last summer. The gray stuck to it, here and there, is the kimberlite matrix that the CD came out of.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA050005_01.JPG 
Views:	706 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	904971
    Last edited by Jim in Idaho; Nov 25, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

  7. #7
    us
    Sep 2013
    Henderson, Nevada
    Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
    234
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Here's a nice 3.8 carat chunk of chromian diopside I found in Wyoming last summer. The gray stuck to it, here and there, is the kimberlite matrix that the CD came out of.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA050005_01.JPG 
Views:	706 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	904971

    Very interesting, thanks!
    Active Member - (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Association of America & (GSSN) Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada

    A real man only needs five things in his life, Women, Whiskey, Beer, Beans & Bacon!!!

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,873
    3760 times
    Prospecting
    Johnny, I sure wish you could remember where you were in Utah. There are diamonds there somewhere......probably near the southern ramparts of the Uintas. Maybe northwest of Vernal.
    I think the pipe at Crater of Diamonds is lamproite, rather than kimberlite. There are actually a couple of different pipes there, very close together. That's why the soil they get the diamonds from has different colors.
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim in Idaho; Nov 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
    IAMZIM likes this.

  9. #9
    us
    Sep 2013
    Henderson, Nevada
    Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
    234
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Johnny, I sure wish you could remember where you were in Utah. There are diamonds there somewhere......probably near the southern ramparts of the Uintas. Maybe northwest of Vernal.
    I think the pipe at Crater of Diamonds is lamproite, rather than kimberlite. There are actually a couple of different pipes there, very close together. That's why the soil they get the diamonds from has different colors.
    Jim
    This was about 25 years ago. I recall the Crater of Diamonds because I have been there four times over the years. The time in Utah, I was with a couple of friends that were into gem hunting. We were on a trip to Las Vegas (driving) and they stopped in Colorado for a couple of days. We went into the mountains gem hunting. Again, I do not recall where we were but it was an area not far off of Rte 80 and not too far from Denver. As I recall the area in Utah was also not very far off of Rte 80 but a good ways before you reach the Salt Lake City Area.

    They/We did find some keeper gems/crystals in Colorado but nothing in Utah.
    Active Member - (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Association of America & (GSSN) Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada

    A real man only needs five things in his life, Women, Whiskey, Beer, Beans & Bacon!!!

  10. #10
    us
    Mar 2011
    265
    107 times
    Big diamond bearing area north of Fort Collins
    http://starmon.com/diamonds.html

  11. #11
    us
    Sep 2013
    Henderson, Nevada
    Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
    234
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajahunter View Post
    Big diamond bearing area north of Fort Collins
    The Kelsey Mine Area- Diamonds in Northern Colorado
    WOW! That is very cool! I'd never heard of that before.
    Active Member - (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Association of America & (GSSN) Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada

    A real man only needs five things in his life, Women, Whiskey, Beer, Beans & Bacon!!!

  12. #12

    Jun 2019
    1
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
    This was about 25 years ago. I recall the Crater of Diamonds because I have been there four times over the years. The time in Utah, I was with a couple of friends that were into gem hunting. We were on a trip to Las Vegas (driving) and they stopped in Colorado for a couple of days. We went into the mountains gem hunting. Again, I do not recall where we were but it was an area not far off of Rte 80 and not too far from Denver. As I recall the area in Utah was also not very far off of Rte 80 but a good ways before you reach the Salt Lake City Area.

    They/We did find some keeper gems/crystals in Colorado but nothing in Utah.
    This makes a lot of sense to possible Kimberley pipes due to the amount of super volcanoes recorded in that area. It ha a lot of mines 15 miles north of Veyo utah which that towns has the best pies talk about striking it rich.

  13. #13
    sa
    Oct 2012
    Teknetics T2
    13
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi
    This is what Kimberlite looks like.
    DD
    Hi Jim!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170720_094814.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	1881106  
    Last edited by Ddiamond Digger; Nov 21, 2020 at 12:24 PM.

  14. #14
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2,873
    3760 times
    Prospecting
    Perfect pic for the definition of kimberlite. Is that you, Andy? If so, hope all is well with you. Heidi and I miss seeing your smiling face. She had a great time out in the desert today, but I didn't find much. Still, it was a nice day to be out there, but cold.
    Jim
    Ddiamond Digger likes this.

  15. #15
    sa
    Oct 2012
    Teknetics T2
    13
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah it is me Jim!
    See you two soon...
    DD

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. KIMBERLITE
    By palmercanyonsavant in forum Rocks/Gems
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
  2. Kimberlite detection
    By joya_dorado in forum Geophysics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2008, 02:38 PM

Search tags for this page

are there kimbites and lamproites in ut.

,

kimberlite and lamproite

,
kimberlite deposits oregon
,

kimberlite in oregon

,

kimberlite pipes in oregon

,

kimberlite pipes in utah

,
kimberlite pocket
,

kimberlite tubes in nevada

,

kimberlite utah

,

location of kimberlites in southern oregon

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0