looks cut/but natural

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock7.jpg rock8.jpg rock9.jpg thought this is petty cool,milky calcite,if you can see the strats i was thinking to seperate them there,and to (step) them largest to smallest,in some fashion, wat do you guys think?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd leave it as is. It is unique, & anything you do to it couldn't make it better than it already is. At least in my opinion. Did you dig this?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes ,came out of pocket that i located, with some banded material, i should clarify that it didnt come out pocket like that but the some was very fragile and when it broke it ended up this way , calcite cleavage is so perfect,natures a lap,all on its own.

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 912941 View attachment 912942 View attachment 912943 thought this is petty cool,milky calcite,if you can see the strats i was thinking to seperate them there,and to (step) them largest to smallest,in some fashion, wat do you guys think?

Hey Loco, I saw this and had to have a piece of coconut cake. LOL. Yeah looks great so witch ever way you do it it will still be great. Are you digging in a hole too? Seems to shine some too, is Calcite always white like that and I like white rocks as they seem to clean up better than all that iron stuff.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coconut cake ,lol, no not in a hole ,a rock high wall,a pocket , theres a massive hydro thermal deposit here in my area ,it actualy outcrops in several locations in a 40 sq mile area ,i 've been picking at it for years, trying to see what different mins i can find,its a lead /zinc,deposit, with many associative mins, i am on the hunt paticularly for whats called (ruby sphalerite),its a red gemy looking form of what i've found all over this deposit, but as for calcite you asked,it comes in almost every color,and colorless also, its not used for any gemy goodys, to soft, but the clear stuff one time was used for sight optics,world war 2 era ,but it floresces,under UV lights, black lights so it is collectible ,but is most often found in white/milky variaty .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread