chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know where i can find photos of rough gemstones. I find them cleaned in the rough but i wanna see how they look right after they are pulled from the ground so i can get an idea of how the color shows through if at all. Thanks any help would be appreciated

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chevyman75

chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
discovery 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks red. I just know from a few videos i watched they looked like normal rocks. And i dont wanna pass none up haha

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
And i dont wanna pass none up haha

I found a hand full of small garnets once doing some panning in NH.They looked like regular gravel until
I saw a red gleam to them when the sun hit them right.They werent much though but I kept them anyway.

Upvote 0

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search eBay for "Rough Gem Stones". Hundreds of all varieties, of gem stone, will come up with photos.

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone know where i can find photos of rough gemstones. I find them cleaned in the rough but i wanna see how they look right after they are pulled from the ground so i can get an idea of how the color shows through if at all. Thanks any help would be appreciated
Just carry one of the new LED pocket flashlights with you. If you can see the light thru the gem...keep it.
Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chevyman75

chevyman75

Dec 22, 2013
clarion, pa
Detector(s) used
discovery 3000
Primary Interest: