Diamond / Gem concentrator ?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At what kind of operation? The smallest, perhaps most portable would be a fine screen.

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At what kind of operation? The smallest, perhaps most portable would be a fine screen.
Yup...for just prospecting, I carry both #4 & #12 screens. Larger than #4 I can easily see.
Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a small NON MOTORIZED operation. We have been using 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/12, and 1/20 handheld classifiers. The sarucas is 1/16 mesh.

We have to hike everything in and can carry two man stuff fairly easy.

We are trying to process 3-4 tons a day.
Roughly 60-80 five gallon buckets of material a day. .... NON MOTORIZED.

I was looking for a way to process more material faster and concentrate it down to mostly the good stuff to be be worked later, if need be.

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have the manpower to turn a crank, you can use a jig. Typically, I run my jigs at about 100-120 pulses per minute. The crank can be turned that fast, or it could be geared-up to allow a slower crank RPM, but more speed at the operating shaft. That small jig of mine will handle about 300lbs/hour. You can run material that is about 2:1 at that rate. I usually classify to two sizes +#10 to -#4, and +#4 to -#2. You'd need to rig up some sort of piping to supply the jig with water, but it doesn't require large amounts.
I can't think of any other recovery method that will recover +90% of the gems, and that will handle that volume of material.
Jim

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Jig, Jim!

If you aren't on a budget I'd look into "Extrac-Tec" or something like that.

If you are on a budget, look at having trommels do the screening for you. And the jig as Jim showed.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread