any gemologists out there.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Greetings from canada A:hello:
I was sent here from the prospecting forum,I found a quartz vein with interesting gem colors and will have some tests done. i could use some incite as to what to test for so have a look . :tard::tard::tard:
Picture 003.jpg Picture 004.jpg Picture 001.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UH, well, yeah, I am aware of what water looks like, and stuff in it.
I also happened to like it and think it was pretty. The stones I saw were pretty, too. But that's just an opinion.
Geez, you got any more helpful advice to offer or have I missed something. :dontknow:
Maybe missing a repertoire in your sig....... :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's a monitor difference, it looks pink on mine. :dontknow:

I had actually referred the op to this section(from the prospectors section) for some help or ideas with id. :icon_scratch:
Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank for this guys pat cat pointed me in the right direction. The pink is just a thin vein, what really interests me is the green, we found "beryllium" in a assay we did.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to see some pics of some specimens dry. It looks brecciated, at least partly.
The pink might be from dissolution of the country rock or just trace minerals in the quartz.

It'll be easier to guess if we get a picture of it dry, though. :)

Regarding beryllium. Its a sought after metal, but also occurs in some gemstones. Watch out for pegmatites.:occasion14:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:
EU--- i tried to get back up this weekend but fishing came up, ill try again soon and get more samples.
I see i can finally post pictures again, this is a picture of the color we panned 1 km below the vein, it is where the bed rock appears again. it is also past where the bule clay enters the creek ,we figure the gold comes from the same vein but just over a ridge.
gems.jpg cr2314.jpg gold.jpg 307.jpg 331.jpg
cheers
hmmm
good news , we just decided to go in today, see you tonight. :occasion14:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:
EU--- i tried to get back up this weekend but fishing came up, ill try again soon and get more samples.
I see i can finally post pictures again, this is a picture of the color we panned 1 km below the vein, it is where the bed rock appears again. it is also past where the bule clay enters the creek ,we figure the gold comes from the same vein but just over a ridge.
View attachment 1034301 View attachment 1034305 View attachment 1034306 View attachment 1034307 View attachment 1034308
cheers
hmmm
One more thing , the color i posted is very heavy, we call it pink sand because, In the gold pann, it sitS below the black sand where the gold is.
:icon_scratch:bottom line, it is all heavier then the quarts and the black sand.
good news , we just decided to go in today, see you tonight. :occasion14:

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pictures show a lot of broken down garnet which is the pink your seeing. Garnet will often show up under the black sands due to it high specific gravity. The gold looks good too ;)

Upvote 0

micalupagoo

Jun 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful
been reading your posts for a good while now,
wish I could come see you:)
gl on your findings
I concur the pink is crushed garnets, I get a lot of that in the saun juan area, annoying really, lol

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread