Finds after 3 hour hunt.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know what all of these are but found these and dug them out of the ground about 3 days ago took me about 3 hours. Just wanted to share them and might find out what they are. All pictures are of same bunch just different angles. Thanks for looking. From rock collection Sep 27 2014 001.JPG From rock collection Sep 27 2014 002.JPG From rock collection Sep 27 2014 003.JPG

Flash on camera should have been off. Sorry about that as white rocks shine so much the old cheap camera couldn't take it.

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey G,

Are you available next weekend? I was talking to Roger about trying to meet up your way. -Luke

Awesome collection! I can't wait to check these out in person!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey G,

Are you available next weekend? I was talking to Roger about trying to meet up your way. -Luke

Awesome collection! I can't wait to check these out in person!

Thanks BB FOR REPLY. I am supposed to play some country music next Sat the 18th for a benefit for a cancer patient. Don't know what time it will be yet.Will happen near Galax. I have until then and after then that I have nothing planned. Looking forward to you coming. Talked to Roger and he said something about coming your way next weekend and I told him what I had to do Saturday. Any ideas let me know buddy.

Upvote 0

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Freeman, Thanks for taking time out of your days to send me messages based on our trip out west.. Although we didn't have a chance to explore the area for rocks.. the trip alone was rewarding.. yet having issues thereafter and we'll be paying for the trip in more ways than one.

As for the stones apart from the obvious.. the 5 sides crystals etc.. The one I need a better shot of would be the white one that appears to have a darker cubic structure in it. I'm almost ready to declare the cubic stone a very pale emerald..

Also.. it was a shame to see Libby Hills closed in Galax, VA or we would have met any one of you there on any given weekend.. the next closest libby hill would be Danville.. We'll need to have a few repairs on the jeep before we plan any more trips in the future.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Talked to Roger and he said something about coming your way next weekend and I told him what I had to do Saturday. Any ideas let me know buddy.

I have to entertain my girlfriend, she wants an adventure - maybe I'm getting boring. So, I figured the best way to do that is get her looking at and for rocks & gems.

And who better do I know to get together with is you & Luke ???

Roger

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice finds G! I see some fairly transparent pieces, to!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread