BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going through the cut gems and realized there are quite as few that I haven't really displayed.
Here is some Virginia Aquamarine and Peridot as well as a different Mexican Fire Opal that I haven't shown yet and this one is not bi-colored like the previous cut I posted. Enjoy!

125_3754.JPG

125_3756.JPG

125_3758.JPG

125_3759.JPG

125_3760.JPG

125_3761.JPG

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Luke! Did you get the Peridot in VA as well? Supposed to be Aqua around here too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, both the Aqua and Peridot are Virginia natives. :thumbsup:

Here is a shot of two Peridot at a distance, simply beautiful. They are more of a "lime-green" in person.

125_3713.JPG

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure would like to get some cuts like from my Aqua and Goshenite. I believe Aqua is pretty high dollar stuff. Don't know for sure but plan on finding out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Aqua is generally around $150-$200 a ct. for high quality (VVS) light blues. Dark blues can fetch between $450-$875 per ct. Those prices are top quality and top cut. Very hard to find dark blue tones though!

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's the weight of the first aqua? The colour looks good, but the cutting leaves a bit to wish for. :)

G, If you'd be up for a trade, PM me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to weigh it, but from the measurements I'd say somewhere between .65-.75 cts. Small, but a nice piece. -Luke

Upvote 0

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the weight of the first aqua? The colour looks good, but the cutting leaves a bit to wish for. :)

G, If you'd be up for a trade, PM me.

Eu was you talking about the big crystal of Aquamarine that I posted weight 9.12 Lbs? Or You might have been talking to BruntBear. LOL.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eu was you talking about the big crystal of Aquamarine that I posted weight 9.12 Lbs? Or You might have been talking to BruntBear. LOL.

Nah, I was talking to you. And it needs to be transparent to be faceted. Opaque materials I can cabochon cut.
Wasn't talking about the big one either, to bulky to ship, but I'd imagine you could have sizes around 1-10+ grams to cut? That would make shipping costs reasonable.

What ever you'd like to have cut and can trade that fits that criteria. But PM me for details.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread