purple/green mineral ? stunning colors.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I finally have a decent camera. Before nobody could tell what this is because of lack of detail.
It all depends on the angle, it is vibrant through lime green. Also differing shades of purple. Its like on half is purple the other green. Any ideas at all or suggestions I'd be very happy as I'm stumped on how to search for what it is.

View attachment 1087391

View attachment 1087392

View attachment 1087393

View attachment 1087394

View attachment 1087395

Thanks for looking.

Mike

l337scum

Jun 25, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a crystal of Fluorite that was broken. It almost looks like a bit of Magnesite in the last picture too in the middle.

Upvote 0

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is some great-looking stuff, Mike. I never find anything like that. :-( Nice find!
jim

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a Fluorite, the facings and fractures are consistent for the mineral. Pretty stuff~ Check out EUcitizens chunk of a specie in this forum :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some great-looking stuff, Mike. I never find anything like that. :-( Nice find!
jim

I didn't technically find it, but sorta. Back in the 70's through the early 80's I had a paper route to learn some life lessons. Well I had always loved looking at rocks and with part of my money I earned, I would have my father take me to this store called the miners den in royal oak Michigan. Back then it was only rocks and gems and all that goes along with that, so I would buy rocks and gems that I thought were cool over a 10 year period. Well high school and girls happened and the collection went into the attic where it sat for the next 30 years. That is until I *found* it again a year ago..was like a kid in the candy store. The fact I forgot I had the collection is odd, since my whole life I've always loved rock hunting, but it wasn't until 10 years ago that it became serious again.

Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't technically find it, but sorta. Back in the 70's through the early 80's I had a paper route to learn some life lessons. Well I had always loved looking at rocks and with part of my money I earned, I would have my father take me to this store called the miners den in royal oak Michigan. Back then it was only rocks and gems and all that goes along with that, so I would buy rocks and gems that I thought were cool over a 10 year period. Well high school and girls happened and the collection went into the attic where it sat for the next 30 years. That is until I *found* it again a year ago..was like a kid in the candy store. The fact I forgot I had the collection is odd, since my whole life I've always loved rock hunting, but it wasn't until 10 years ago that it became serious again.

Mike

I had a box o stuff once too. Mine disappeared over time and I wish it hadn't. I think if a person is lucky they are still fascinated with what they valued as a kid. The rocks, arrow heads, strange coins and all the rest.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread