Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rattlehead does when he's around. He also makes some pretty cool sphere's with his finds. Have not seen him on in a while however.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AgeofDiscovery

Jan 18, 2015
Williams, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok thanks! I love those spheres, but I don't have the equipment to make them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

AgeofDiscovery

Jan 18, 2015
Williams, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love lakers! I can't get enough of them, but often times I am only finding the really small ones. I look hard for larger ones, but I don't have much luck.

Upvote 0

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Large lake superior agates can be real hard to find even at a good location. Don't give up though, if you keep looking you might luck out. By the way, a real nice small agate is still real nice. :)

As you find smaller ones over time it can help you learn what to look out for (and can serve as tumbler fill if ever needed). I find the most agates when the sun is low facing the sun as it helps show the translucency which many of them have. Many of the larger ones though don't always stand out as much that way. As much as I look for translucency I look for rocks with waxiness, color or pits. Once in a while that ordinary looking rock isn't so ordinary looking on the other side.

Upvote 0

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*Sigh* At least you're in the right state. I'm in Florida, but a couple years ago we were in MN and tried our hand at it. Found tiny ones at the lakeshore, found a golf ball sized one by the side of a dirt road, where it had been graded. Have heard that a great place to look is in plowed fields after a rain, and before spring planting. Also, every July, they dump agate filled gravel on the street of Moose Lake for their Agate Stampede. (also, you can download a permit to look in the local gravel pits, which we did, but we didn't find much.) If I lived there, I would make friends with a farmer!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread