Muscovite heaven.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few pictures of rocks with Muscovite in them that I busted off of a big rock that most of that rock is still in the ground and it is full of this stuff. I think its Muscovite but I have not had it checked out. What do yall think. Muscovite Heaven? Mint green tourmaline and Muscovite 001.JPG Mint green tourmaline and Muscovite 002.JPG Mint green tourmaline and Muscovite 003.JPG Mint green tourmaline and Muscovite 004.JPG

PS, the rock these chunks came from must weigh at least 200 lbs and most of it is still in the ground. Thanks for looking.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handsome. Its got good quality for decorative stone as it does not appear to have a lot of iron staining.

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
You never know what could come up next. Check out this link. This is a personal collection from Ray Mica Mine in Yancey Co., North Carolina. Pegmatite specimens with Quartz, Beryl, Mica, Schorl Tourmaline etc.

Ray Mica Mine Big Beryl & More

Once you reach the bottom of the page, there is a link to page 2 with even better specimens.

StreeterFeb08-Specimen-4.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks BB for the link. Real interesting about the Muscovite. Maybe I should dig the rest of that big rock out and dig down in the ground under it. About a foot of it was showing in top of the ground at the top of a 10 foot bank. Checked the area out few days ago and ground so hard could not hammer a chisel in the ground. LOL.

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm right there with you, lol. The ground is about the same as hard rock around here in the summer; let alone winter. I would definitely keep poking around up there. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread