Found a old mine or cave, very well hidden and crystals

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday on the way to take a hike and check out a waterfall I spotted a place off the road about 600+ yards or so that you could see some nice quartz veins and what looked like where maybe someone popped a few holes down the wall.

I told myself and more importantly the wife that today we would just take a break and get some things done around the house. Truthfully I was sore as hell after the last few days.

Well after thinking about that stupid spot all day that we saw yesterday, well it got the best of me. So I told the wife I need to get some things from the grocery store and I really want to run by the place we saw yesterday and take a quick and closer look.

So when I got there I could quickly see I was right about there were spots on the wall where others have been digging. Then I looked the other direction and I could also see what looked like some even older places that had been dug up. I added some pics to this post. Think I can even see some crystals in there.

I went down to take a look and then I found a small opening that looked like it opens up to a cave or old mine. The small opening is roughly 3’ wide and one and half feet tall. I looked a little close and it seem to open up inside to a much larger area. It was really dark inside and no way was I climbing down in there without someone with more experience. From where I was standing to the bottom looked to be at least 6 feet down if not further.

The odd part to all of this was where was all the dirt to this mine/cave ? I just looked at all the maps I could find over the last 20 years of this area and nowhere on them did I see any piles or dirt. I didn’t see any trace of any dig of any kind.

My guess is at a minimum this mine/cave is at least 5 feet wide, 5 to 6’ tall and a minimum of 5 feet deep. But I really could not see anything past 4 to 5 feet back. It could be a lot deeper.

This is also at the base of a mountain, its like this goes under the mountain.

1.JPG 1a.JPG

2.JPG 3.JPG

4.JPG

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Ash, you're really getting busy out here. Like I've said before, we live within 2 hours drive of just about anything, gold, gems, agates, etc. Great place to live, but it's already 80+ deg. out here and as you showed in your picture the snakes are already out. Be careful of them and the mountain lions. I've heard stories of guys who wear their sunglasses on the back of their heads to ward off mountain lions.

A guy from the Victor Valley Gem and Mineral Club sent me a google map with pins showing all the so. cal collecting sites. Let me know if you want it. A day out at one of these spots is worth the effort.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ashman

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Mr. Lee, hope you had a great week. Yes sir I have been out a few time this week looking at new places and trying to find something to dig into. Of course I would love to look at something great like your Google Map. If you make it out this weekend I will look forward to your pics and the story behind them. Oh and yes the Snake rattled my nerves a little to say the least.

Rob

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread