Two crystals found today.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am getting started slow but found a few crystals today so thought I would post a couple of them with the evening sun to get the light I needed. One yellow one and one little crystal with green in it.Got one picture twice somehow, but oh well that happens. Thanks for looking. Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 026.JPG Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 029.JPG Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 039.JPG Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 042.JPG Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 042.JPG Kids and rocks first hunt 2015 038.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the top one Freeman? Got several like that.

shaman15771, all pictures are the same rock just different angles except the small one with the green in it. As far as what it is I won't say much because I have to guess and don't want to be wrong so I will let others guess and give me ideas. Most would probably say quartz and it might be but I have found a lot of what I think is Beryl too. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

shaman15771

May 27, 2014
SW VIRGINIA
Detector(s) used
fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean, most don't understand our area. LOL This is supposed to be where the continents crashed together many eons ago. According to a geologist I know it happed right around here.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good size chunk of rock crystal and the green one looks like an orthoclase bordering on amazonite.

Getting of to a slow start this spring myself. I have been watching the forum but problems with the family, job and putting together this summers prospecting trip have
kept me silent. Hehh, its starting to warm up and the rock hound season is starting to begin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread