Rose Quartz, or, Rose "Morganite"?

Nedly

Apr 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this crystal here. I have had this for many, many years. I have decided to try to appraise it. I cannot tell if it is quartz, or morganite. How can you tell? I tried to take a variety of pictures to help determine. It is large and heavy. It has a lot of pink on the inside, but the outside and edges are more of a clear crystal type. Also has some rust colorations here and there.

What is something like this valued at??

SANY0069.JPG SANY0070.JPG SANY0071.JPG SANY0072.JPG SANY0074.JPG SANY0075.JPG SANY0076.JPG

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Nice piece of rose quartz than morphs into milk quartz.
Can you see the big difference between your pictures in artificial light as opposed to natural light? This is a perfect example of why you should always use natural light.

Upvote 0

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree. It appears to be Rose Quartz. A hardness test or a specific gravity test would be two cost-effective ways of identifying the specimen. As far as value; that could vary. Is it something that has personal or sentimental value or are you looking to make some money out of it? As a specimen, it's likely under $25. If it were cut into slabs and made into cabochons; I'm sure it would be worth having it cut.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread