Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a good mixed bag of turquoise and malachite specimens there Vegas :) Got a pacel myself off the copper mine tailings and old digs in Arizona :) Even got lucky on some nice azurite crystals. One of these day's I'll have everything in one spot out of storage and be able to share. I sent about 3 lbs of that kind of stuff to my niece and nephew out there in Vegas a couple of months ago.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Las Vegas Bob

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ty DD. Same problem here nothing is in one spot. Got these out of a Turquoise mine near Searchlight NV several years ago, I've made some nice cabs out of some of it. Will be slicing some more for cabs now that I found it, if and when I find my saw and lapidary gear.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

You can spend thousands of dollars acquiring lapidary equipment.

One alternative is to join a local club and use their gear.

Another quick (poor-mans) way is to use a ceramic tile saw to cut thin slabs, then use the same saw to trim some cabs, then polished using a tumbler.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Las Vegas Bob

Las Vegas Bob

Aug 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can spend thousands of dollars acquiring lapidary equipment.

One alternative is to join a local club and use their gear.

Another quick (poor-mans) way is to use a ceramic tile saw to cut thin slabs, then use the same saw to trim some cabs, then polished using a tumbler.

Oh I've already spent the thousands of dollars and have the lapidary equipment, I just put it in a safe place about 15 years ago, now I have to find where that safe place is. It's kinda like a treasure hunt finding all the stuff I have in storage. But thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

You had previously mentioned having the equipment stored somewhere, I offering advice, was just making a suggestion at random for anyone interested in taking shortcuts if they didn't have the resources on hand.

Tell me about treasure hunts...somewhere in our house, garage or barn is a mason jar full of pocket change, several rings and 2 gold bracelets, and spare keys to my Explorer and F150...been driving me nuts too.

Have a goodun...

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah its a pain figuring out how to find old safe spots :) For me they are safe because I cant find them again! LOL

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions