??????

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how does nature make the bottom so darn flat Could water do that I found it in the creek behind my house uploadfromtaptalk1435795823581.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435795850733.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1435795873172.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water and millions of year of erosion created the Grand Canyon, so yes it can erode a stone to many different shapes. Almost all caves are created by water erosion. Water is very powerful.

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limestone comes in all shapes and sizes. Limestone and water current running water over a rock for 100s to 1000s of years can do amazing things even make holes in rocks.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mother nature forms trillions of rocks into shapes that man finds intriguing, but in the end they are still just rocks shapped by erosion...Tammy I found hundreds of then in the creeks and streams in Missouri and Illinois...... Better luck next time..👍

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to keep on hunting Yall can go ahead and laugh at me I really dont care I dont think it would matter what I show yall -your going to put it down- Dont worry guys this old Ky girl wont botther yall again

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammy no one is laughing at you, we are trying to help you learn. We are giving you sincere advice, I am honest I found hundreds of rocks like yours in the creeks and streams.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grim Reaper is mod on a major artifact site and trying to help you, I easily have a couple thousand artifacts I found walking fields, streams and creeks for over 20 years in Mo and Il, Rock is the last person to ever laugh at a member and knows artifacts.

I'm a mod on TreasureNet, I don't mock or put down members... Your offended when you shouldn't be...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I have been in your shoes. Always remember, words on a screen can't show empathy. Often times words seem a little too straight forward. It's our brain that creates the emotion behind what we read. Keep your chin up! Also, keep your eyes down! You'll find something great!!

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to keep on hunting Yall can go ahead and laugh at me I really dont care I dont think it would matter what I show yall -your going to put it down- Dont worry guys this old Ky girl wont botther yall again

Tammy, I in no way meant to belittle you or make fun of you and if I came across that way I apologize. We are all trying to help you by giving you advice. So far all you have shown is naturally formed stones. This is very common for new collectors who think every strange rock had to be made by man when in reality most are just naturally formed by erosion. Please don't leave the site or quit posting things. Keep your eye to the ground and persevere and you will eventually start finding artifacts and once you do you will know what to pick up and what to leave behind. I have been collecting for 50 years and for a long time I picked up a lot of rocks just like you and thought they were something. I started buying books and learned the difference in a Geofact and an artifact. Please stay on here.

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tammy, please take the time to peruse these links and check out my collection. Hopefully this will help you learn what to look for and what true artifacts look like. I truly hope you stay with us here.

This link is my mostly personally found collection.

Steve Valentine's Library | Photobucket

This one is my States Collection and contains artifacts from every state except Hawaii.

Steve Valentine's Library | Photobucket

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Im not giving up I spend a lot of time on my little river here I find a great inner peace there i will keep reading and studying

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Im not giving up I spend a lot of time on my little river here I find a great inner peace there i will keep reading and studying

We all started in the beginning and I have picked up many things that should have or could have been something but were not. That is what makes it fun.These guys and gals can help you get on track very fast if you want them to. Everyone wants to help .There are many quick tips to getting started and what to look for first if interested.
You are in a good area and no telling what you may find........

Welcome to T-net!

Upvote 0

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought it was a really cool looking fish. I too thought it was formed by Native Americans when I saw it. Hubby and I do hunt for indian rocks here, and have found a lot of unusual rocks, mostly broken...but, yours is way cooler than any we found.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tammy Lee

Tammy Lee

May 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Im not giving up Im to darn stubburn My daddy always said that I could argue with a brick wall and win

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread