Im a girl... I dont know what Im doing. Help.

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
My 6th sense. No seriously. I just use my intuition.
My dad has the metal detector. No clue what brand it is. You think he's gonna let me play around with it? NOPE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a girl... I don't know what I'm doing. Help.

A few things.... I want to search for crystals and gems. I love gold and stuff. Sure. I'll sift through and pan the stuff I go through to find other treasure and stuff. Yes. It's not the main thing I'm looking for.

My big thing is- How do I find crystals and gems?
I really really really really want to find them. So bad.
And I don't wanna go to a dig your own crystals mine and do it myself and pay to do it. I want to... Find them on my own. Validate myself... Feel like a real functional cave woman... Use a shovel and get my hands dirty... then come back on here and brag about it to you guys. You guys can help me right? Pretty please?
I don't use a metal detector... I live by a lake on a steep hill.... Tons of rocks and red clay. Can anybody help me?

Also. I need help identifying some rocks and nobody is responding to my post as of yet.
I really need help Identifying these (They're on my page in their own album) I need to know the minerals around the place I'm digging...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
across the line in Alabama a guy showed me some he was finding in ditches and road cuts!He had some cool stuff! He drives down the back roads and looks for potential spots, I guess!

Ive been looking at spots going down the highway.The bedrock that highway construction exposed and blasted.alot of bedrock has been falling apart,alot of it is pretty well mineralized.just waiting for a pocket to be exposed:laughing9:

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Um. Eek. I'm at the bottom of the Piedmont and Blue Ridge area. It's a bit of a trek. I went on this field trip to Dehlonega (sp) when I was younger. I pretty much was disappointed with it. I didn't find anything cool at all.

If I have a reason to head that way I will definitely go. You gotta be careful in GA... I mean. Have you seen deliverance? I kid. I kid. They play a mean banjo.

No comment on the deliverance! :laughing7: Anyhow! Your in the right area! Look at a site called Land Matters. I'll try to put the link here. It has a lot of cool geological maps and old mine locations for the area.

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

Thanks to the work of a Member in the the prospecting forum we have access to all the maps! There may be more people involved that deserve credit too! Clay Diggins is the one I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
My dad has the metal detector. No clue what brand it is. You think he's gonna let me play around with it? NOPE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been looking at spots going down the highway.The bedrock that highway construction exposed and blasted.alot of bedrock has been falling apart,alot of it is pretty well mineralized.just waiting for a pocket to be exposed:laughing9:

You know... I think mother nature does most of the heavy lifting for us if we look in the right spots. I feel bad digging up the earth so deep. I think about the same thing riding around the highways. Especially when I see gold or quartz veins in the rock. Discarded. Just hanging out. RIGHT THERE. Wtf! Why do people just keep driving?! There's gold in them there rocks!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Lala

Aug 24, 2015
Central Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comment on the deliverance! :laughing7: Anyhow! Your in the right area! Look at a site called Land Matters. I'll try to put the link here. It has a lot of cool geological maps and old mine locations for the area.

Welcome to Land Matters

Thanks to the work of a Member in the the prospecting forum we have access to all the maps! There may be more people involved that deserve credit too! Clay Diggins is the one I'm talking about.

I cant wait to read it! I got it in my reading list!

Upvote 0

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beep beep dig, Are you talking about Diamond Hill Crystal Mine in Abbeville, SC? I've been there a couple of times and got lots of crystals. Last time that I was there, it cost $15 a day for all you could dig. Just over the border from there is Graves Mountain in Lincolnton Georgia for Rutile, Quartz crystal, and lots more.

yup, that's the place.

here's an inspiring video from Metro Atlanta (Gwinnett County) with some massive quartz crystals being pulled out of the ground by the same guy who owns the Diamond Hill Mine...

https://youtu.be/0wcJ4HPWau0

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread