Diamond

dawnhvr

Sep 5, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442113757.492139.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442113787.923532.jpg

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK,,
So you found yourself some kimberlite it seems.
And even better it has some smallies in it. That is some pretty fresh looking rock ya got there dawnhvr.
IF you actually "dug" this,,,,I am pretty jealous.
I "see" what you are trying to "show" here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dawnhvr

dawnhvr

Sep 5, 2013
I tried posting a video, but it would not let me. The lights shot up immediately.

Upvote 0

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will monitor this thread to hear what you learn. I picked up a diamond tester a few weeks ago and have been playing with it. For sure, it can give a false positive on corundum (sapphire). On quartz and some other questionable clear rocks, it accurately did not give a positive. I wonder however if the tester might get confused with a thermal test on a rock like you tried vs a crystal out of the stone? Did you try other places on your sample?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dawnhvr

dawnhvr

Sep 5, 2013
I have tested hundreds of rocks. Literally changed batteries 3 times. That's the only time it went the whole way up through all the red immediately . There was no pause .

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dawnhvr

dawnhvr

Sep 5, 2013
The spots I tried did not even look like crystal. In fact, I thought they were some metal , so I put the tester there to see and it kept slipping off, and when I got it straight on the spot, it shot up. I also looked at it with a led microscope. It was amazing. It was clear blue. Almost looked like a blue snowflake.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread