Polish job

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally finished with a few interesting rocks I found over the weekend. Just used good ole sandpaper and elbow grease.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460607598.712207.jpg
I absolutely love the one on the far left. I have no idea what it is though [emoji57][emoji5]️

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't have a rock polisher? Or just don't want to wear the rocks down that much?

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That one on the left IS spectacular!! What area are you from? Are the rocks from a stream/river, lake, or ocean?

Upvote 0

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! The left one is cool I like how its so perfectly divided. Like natural ting and yang.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't have a rock polisher? Or just don't want to wear the rocks down that much?

I do have a tumbler as well as dremel. I'm too impatient I suppose for the tumbler. [emoji4]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one on the left IS spectacular!! What area are you from? Are the rocks from a stream/river, lake, or ocean?

Thank you. I should have put a size marker next to it. The one on the left is about the size of my palm, maybe a tad smaller.
I found it in Illinois on the shore of Lake Michigan.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! The left one is cool I like how its so perfectly divided. Like natural ting and yang.

Thanks to Mother Nature, I really only needed to sand a little and polish it.

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...the OP pic showed up larger on my screen today. Great! :-) Was planning on getting a closer look at the rocks, but didn't have to click a thing.

The large stone is still my favorite(!!)....(!!), but also like the one where the lava is starting to bubble up through the crust. Well done! Did you have any idea on these rocks ahead of time? Were they already partially polished by Mother Nature?

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! My hands ache just thinking about using sandpaper to polish rocks lol!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm...the OP pic showed up larger on my screen today. Great! :-) Was planning on getting a closer look at the rocks, but didn't have to click a thing.

The large stone is still my favorite(!!)....(!!), but also like the one where the lava is starting to bubble up through the crust. Well done! Did you have any idea on these rocks ahead of time? Were they already partially polished by Mother Nature?

The only one that really had a smooth surface is the larger purple one on the left. It looked much different before the polish though.
I think I posted a pic on Sunday. [emoji4]

Upvote 0
OP
OP
PennyG

PennyG

Apr 21, 2014
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! My hands ache just thinking about using sandpaper to polish rocks lol!

Thank you.
I have nerve damage from my neck to finger tips. I honestly was surprised I was able to do it. I begin occupational therapy next week to work on my grasp. I had no problem while sanding the rocks. My own therapy [emoji4]

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, I will just throw mine in the rock tumbler and wait 4 weeks. They turned out spectacular though.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread