Just curious

rckrgrl916

Greenie
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm relatively new to this hobby besides the occasional picking up a rock or two and putting them in bowls around the house. But I couldn't stop wondering what was inside the sand and clay hillside in my back yard. Maybe nothing, but I'm fascinated nonetheless. Just trying to believe in magic. Lol Odd little red and black one. Probably invisible in the picture without intense magnification. Anyway, I welcome any feedback.[/IMG]
304052f765367692d0f1a677ebb8ee18.jpg
17ce7bee796b08d3c1d206a3d9837850.jpg

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Your curiosity may have got you into an endless field of knowledge.
Were a lot like little kids picking up rocks and running to the house
asking what it is.
Well, there is a reward in that as I once found a rock in our gravel
driveway. My mom told me I had found a moss agate.
So keep your eye on the ground.
About your rocks, telling much from a picture is hard especially when it's not a closeup.
Also hardness, streak color and other tests like acid reaction and specific gravity.
But that's the fun. it's all about being a kid again.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see rounded quartz, I think, might be gems or gold in that gravel. If you take pics outside, it will be a little easier to identify some of it. When you take pics indoor, unnatural light from indoor lighting really distorts what we can see.... Looks like some neat gravel with potential!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rckrgrl916

rckrgrl916

Greenie
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im definitely having fun and learning a lot. Im going to clean them a little more and take a few pictures outside. I really like the process of bringing them back to life. A bit time consuming, but its teaching me to always pay attention to my surroundings, and look a little further into things than what meets the eye. Plus, they're just pretty. Lol

Upvote 0

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Many years ago I saw a kids show about wild plants. It got my curiosity especially as when I drove
along everything was just green. I couldn't tell one plant from another. I bought a couple books, then
more and became very immersed in the study. It changed my life opening a world I didn't know.
I once even went two weeks eating only wild foods. Fun time.
Keep curious.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rckrgrl916

rckrgrl916

Greenie
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a feeling this is a giant can of worms here. Pretty awesome!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread