Ruby?

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this one earlier. Correct color for ruby. Set in host rock in same manner as other rubies I've seen, and it glows a beautiful, brilliant pink under fluorescent light. There is a smaller spot as well, but it actually looks like part of the main crystal, just covered by part of the rock. What do you think? IMG_20170406_003805.jpg IMG_20170406_003820.jpg

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that appears to be a ruby in the rough. Has the right characteristics, general shape and planes on the crystal, and floureses nicely. Using a fluorescent light is a good method of identification.

Upvote 0

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, would like to see a pic in natural sunlight if you are able!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got home and am eating, but after I get finished, and clean up, I have absolutely no problem taking pics under natural sunlight. Not a hard thing to come by in the desert, lol

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually just had a buddy come by who is taking it to a friend of his that is a gemologist. He just showed up unannounced so I didn't have time to take pics. I'm not sure if he's taking it to the guy today or if he's going to do it another day. Once I get it back, I'll take some pics for you

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread