Very pretty chunk of....

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I posted a thread about this rock as a whole a couple of months ago, but a friend and I decided to bust it apart and see what was hiding inside. Here is one of the chunks that it produced. Its easily a few pounds in weight, but it maxed out my little scale. Im thinking about pulverizing it and panning it out, as we have found small amounts of gold throughout the entire piece, and because it is quite heavy for it's size. I'm just wondering if it's worth destroying a beautifully decorated specimen piece in order to do so. Any thoughts? IMG_20170709_165507.jpg IMG_20170709_165609.jpg IMG_20170709_165717.jpg

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd have it assayed if you know it contains gold, just to know if it's worth pursuing!

Is that galena I think I see?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had the chance to check out any samples of galena as of yet, but it certainly does resemble the numerous images I've come across during my studies.

Upvote 0

Rific

Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's just the one rock you've found then I'd keep it as a looker. If you have a mountain more of it then crush it for sure. Sometimes I'd rather looks at my rocks than have them be crushed for 5 dollars worth of gold and you have a very nice one there indeed!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions