Okey dokey smokey!!!!!

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lordy I'm excited about my finds and had to share! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500914730.539747.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500914777.107274.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500914792.459479.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1500914814.082466.jpg

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I went out Saturday and Sunday and by luck happened onto a pocket that was on the surface just staring at me in the face

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some great sites just south of you near Rock Hill South Carolina. It has been over 25 years ago, but there were several pieces of land owned by the paper companies off of the left side of the road going from Rock Hill to Kershaw SC. I heard of a massive clear quartz crystal that sold for over 1 million from that area. I found several NICE Smokies while planting pines down there.

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find. I have a strange question. What does okey dokey mean ? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I have a sifter and definitely plan on going back. The weathers cooling off now so it'll be easier going. And in response to what does okey dokey mean. It's a southern term that pretty much means okay. Indian Steve I have a question? When you were around liberty hill area did you find any kind of fossils pottery? Artifacts?

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in the Liberty Hill area around 25 years ago planting pines for paper companies and private landowners. We planted on, mostly, clearcut/burn sites so the ground was exposed and I found lots of Indian Relics, some pottery and Crystals. The site that we planted between Rock Hill and Kershaw was a great clearcut/burn. While planting, I would see veins of exposed quartz and follow them looking for facetted pieces and then start digging. Crystals cost me a lot of money! I was getting paid by the tree {average 5 to 6 cents per tree, 3,000 to 3,500 trees per day} so every time I stopped to hunt rocks, I lost money. There were "professional" crystal hunters coming on the site. Two guys came into camp one day and I showed them what I had found that day. They wanted to know how I found them. Being the A** that I am , I told them I heard them calling me. They offered to pay me to lead them to crystals. I told them to come back in a couple of days and I would lead them to crystals. The next day, I found several spots, removed the pieces on top and marked the spots in my head. The next day, they came back and I took them out on the site. I would walk around, get near where I had found crystal, stand still, raise my hands to the air, close my eyes and start shaking! Then I would point at the ground and tell them where to dig. When they found crystals, they acted like I was God! Then they paid me $75. I led them to a couple more spots, repeated the performance and then left them to dig. One guy had got my phone number and for years after that, I would get calls asking me to come to SC to show them where to dig.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's frickin hilarious!!!! That just made my day!!! I'm pretty sure I'm actually hunting in the same area as you were. As there are pretty much baby pines everywhere we'll not babies but young. I've been seeing bits of pottery everywhere. It's a wildlife management area now and the public is free to hike and enjoy 1800 acres!!!! So I see myself finding a lot more in the future. What's the coolest piece you've found out there? Relic crystal pottery

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found lots of relics but the crystals were the best finds. The was land owned by a hunt club on the right side of the road that some really awesome clear crystal was coming out of. I heard that people were digging into a rock hill and finding pockets of red clay full of crystals. The only drawback for me was that you had to join the hunt club at $300 a year to hunt for crystals. The club had more members that were crystal hunters than deer hunters. If you don't mind driving, Diamond Hill Crystal Mine in Abbeville SC was a fun, cheap place to find crystals. Also, Check out Graves Mountain in Lincolnton GA. {https://www.bing.com/images/search?...vt=graves+mountain+georgia+minerals&FORM=IGRE }. Wait until cooler weather to go. It gets extremely hot in the pit and it is a 1/2 mile hike uphill to get out. That equals 10 normal miles when you are pulling a wagon full of rocks.

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site that we were planting had huge pits where crystal had been mined around 100 years ago to get crystal for radios. They only used clear and dumped the smoky stuff in the trash piles.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'm actually planning on going to diamond hill when it gets cooler. Liberty hill hasn't been to bad lately. The road I've been driving into liberty hill there is an old old church tucked back in the woods. I've seen small camps for hunters. Scdnr bought all the land on one side all the way up to the river and lake. They do allow hunting during season so I'm a bit cautious and need to make sure I'm not an accidental target. I don't know why I enjoy finding stuff. I have no desire to get rich like a lot of folks I just get excited at the finds and above all the quiet serenity from being in nature is absolutely amazing to me. It's like therapy. Anyway I found this last time I was out there and just curious what your thoughts are on it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501674659.676269.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1501674673.246964.jpg

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0457.JPG Here are some pictures of the ones that I found near you about 25 years ago. The flat one actually has 6 sides. Sorry for the double pics.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are absolutely amazing!!! I like the display case I really need to get me one of those. Hopefully I can get back to liberty hill this weekend. Did you find most of your crystals under the dirt? I've found all mine just sitting on top of the ground shining in the sunlight.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are absolutely amazing!!!! I like the display case. I really need me one of those. Hopefully I can get back out to liberty hill this weekend. I'm a hydraulic mechanic and I've been working way to hard lately. Burning me out. So I might not be able to but I'm sure gonna try.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread