Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found here in North Central Massachusetts...could pick it up with pin pointer but not metal detector.Was digging metal signal and this also came out of hole,not very deep maybe few inches in a old 1800s field area.Its about inch at its widest and comes in at 8-9 grams on my cheapo scale.Realize prob nothing special but havent seen a rock like this before..any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF4165.JPG
    DSCF4165.JPG
    609.3 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCF4166.JPG
    DSCF4166.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 73

NellsCollect

Jul 27, 2016
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not into metal detecting... but you are saying it doesn't register with your detector? I think I see small flecks of Mica. At first I was going to say it has a "melted metal" look to it, but I take it back now. Does it seem heavy for it's size?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
HAPPYCAMPER

HAPPYCAMPER

Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not into metal detecting... but you are saying it doesn't register with your detector? I think I see small flecks of Mica. At first I was going to say it has a "melted metal" look to it, but I take it back now. Does it seem heavy for it's size?

Yes,my machine didnt pick up on it but my hand held pinpointer did...cant find at the moment,Im sure thats the cats fault but didnt seem oddly heavy or light for its size

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread