Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all-
Been lurking here a bit, usually was on the CRH thread but Covid took care of that. Finally had a nice day coincide with a day off and ran up to lake superior to pick up some rocks, and really loved it. Know NOTHING about it, but just relaxing way to spend the day and get some exercise. Even found a couple "yooperlites". Already planning a return trip, but wanted to ask people with more experience, what are your methods? Any tools you have? I went up and just walked up and down the beach and bent over way too much, so wondering about rock scoops or if simply bringing a pad and sitting is smarter? Also, I'm about 2 hrs away from both Superior and Michigan, any suggestions on places to go on each? Like the idea of agates, but found myself happier finding fossil corals. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

105385939_10100338457450843_101844887023619426_n.jpg

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few of us here who are in your region. You might run a search on Great Lakes agates, yooperlites, Lake Superiour agates and try pm'n those members. I've not seen them about for a bit. As to technique, pretty much just walk and look or with yooperlites use a UV lamp in the evenings. Luck to ya.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread