GEMS

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
Hello all
This is my first post here and but I have been MD'ing and treasure hunting for almost 15 years but I wanted to ask a couple of questions about emralds in my line of work(oil & gas drilling) I travel all around and I have a bought raw emralds and they seem to be of great quality so I was wondering who could appraise this gems I also have rough diamonds I need checked out any info will be appriciated.
thaanks
george

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
If they are raw they aren't worth much, you need to find a good cutter, ask your local jeweler. Ive had several that were cut into very fine stones and it worked out very good for me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
coon007

coon007

May 24, 2005
South Texas
hello
thanks for the info a very exepirinced jeweler in mexico has decided to cut the stone and has told me the stone are of very high quality for his efforts in cutting the stones he will keep two and he said that i should be left with about 18 carts in about 20 or so stones. the diamonds will be made into a tennis bracelet with over 16 karats of diamonds and an old heavy gold chain I found md'ing in old zapata guess its not bad what do you think.

Upvote 0
G'day

I know this post is way late but I must say more than one opinion is sometimes a good Idea. If you have any pics or would like a G.G.
(Graduate Gemologist) in your area let me know. I'm also an American Cutter and a G.G.
Good Times

Adrian Dyette G.G.

Upvote 0

jastrowinkle

Greenie
Feb 4, 2017
Jastro Winkle, Calif
Detector(s) used
visual/ anthill/ topology
Primary Interest:
Other
never trust an expert... why? currently there are 8000+ grades and classifications of rough diamonds and nobody absolutely nobody can memorize all of them.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread