Safari swing speed vs new Equinox
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter

Thread: Safari swing speed vs new Equinox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2016
    Los Angeles
    EQX 800
    321 times
    Metal Detecting

Safari swing speed vs new Equinox

Hey there...

Have you seen the Dr Tones youtube video where they place coins in an arc and pass the Equinox coil over it at great speeds?

Well.... I did the same thing myself the other day with my Safari.

I placed iron, pull tabs, screws, nails, clad coins and silver in an arc and passed the coil over them at various speeds, in AM.

They say the Safari is a slow processor and I think it is meant to be only at the processor's TID display.

But rolling the coil over the targets at varying speeds, my machine picked it all up and didn't miss a beep.

So it made me wonder about what Dr Tones was trying to prove in his demonstration of the Equinox.

It is all marketing hype? Kinda makes me think so.

What is your opinion?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    34061 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    How fast were you sweeping the coil, I use to own the Safari and you can certainly sweep it too fast. Also the Equinox hasn't even been release yet so any tests with Equinox are with proto model
    sprailroad likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1076 times
    Nothing is final on this equinox, and a multiband setting is not FBS machine.
    The only thing that the equinox 800 has that I would like on my safari is the back light. I really don't like to get wet, never more than my angles. For prospecting I have a very good Eureka that works just fine for me. And I just picked up a Tesoro compadre for the competition hunts that I go to 4 time or 5 times a year.
    I am happy with my three Gals, and they all get along with each other.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    Feb 2016
    Los Angeles
    EQX 800
    321 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    How fast were you sweeping the coil, I use to own the Safari and you can certainly sweep it too fast. Also the Equinox hasn't even been release yet so any tests with Equinox are with proto model
    I was not swinging as fast as the Dr Tone video but I was swinging at a speed that one would not normally do. The TID display certainly could not keep up with the signals as they went from low to high. It would be interesting to see buried targets lined up in an arc, produce the same results as surface testing.

us
    Nov 2013
    TN
    Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
    1634 times
    Metal Detecting
    I never trust videos, especially in air for FBS. I also never trust anyone who is on a manufacturer's payroll (that includes accepting any compensation or having a prerelease model to play with) or has a dog in the fight.

I do trust companies who put their rep on the line by making statements, tho I temper them with a grain of salt and read VERY closely to see exactly what is said and ignore the implications.

So to answer your question, I cant answer your swing speed question yet.

All that considered, I am looking forward to the Eq release and hope it does well in the real world with regular detectorists. If it does, I'm in!
    "Those who cannot compete intellectually tend to develop a cultural aversion to the whole idea." -- Fred Reed
    ========================================
    Minelab Safari
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab CTX 3030

us
    BrettCo

Apr 2009
    Outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
    928 times
    Love reading this. It just further clarifies to me that I donít need to move out of my safari (I never questioned it). The shop that sold me mine years ago told me it would be the last machine Iíll ever need besides an underwater machine. I think he was right.

Sponsored Links