All other batteries?

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
I came across a list a while back of prices for used batteries such as Ni-cad. lithium ion, cell phone, laptop etc.
I just found about 300lbs of these batteries and don't know what to do with them.
I know the disk batteries with silver are worth alot........but what about these...........and if I have masses of AA alkaline batteries.
Anyone have any info on this? or know a place I could send them to for $$$?
Thanks

RebelRod

Greenie
Aug 17, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 - Bounty Hunter 505 - White's Prizm V - Garrett Propointer
WildernessAU said:
I came across a list a while back of prices for used batteries such as Ni-cad. lithium ion, cell phone, laptop etc.
I just found about 300lbs of these batteries and don't know what to do with them.
I know the disk batteries with silver are worth alot........but what about these...........and if I have masses of AA alkaline batteries.
Anyone have any info on this? or know a place I could send them to for $$$?
Thanks

Sorry but not good news on the Alkalines.
From what I have gathered on the internet, Alkaline batteries since 1993 have steel, zinc and maganese but not in enough quantity to make recovery worthwhile. Even recycling centers sort them out and they end up in the landfill anyway.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been recycling for some time on a small scale and I have never heard of any place that will pay for them. Your best bet is to find a place that will take them in to be recycled (without you receiving any compensation) and just rid yourself of them and free up the space for copper, aluminum, lead and brass.

Movegas

Sep 27, 2010
Hey guys, i just joined this forum but I would be interested in buying Li-Ion, Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries. I can pay via paypal and also pay shipping. For Li-Ion I Pay .50/lb and for Ni-Cd and Ni-MH i pay .10/lb. Contact me if interested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread