Where to have scrap smelted into bullion/bars?

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
Love this forum! I am new and frequent the coin roll hunting section. Recently, I was given a few pounds of scrap copper wire. This got me to thinking. I don't want fiat paper for the stuff, I want them turned into bars! For the life of me I can't seem to find a smelter/refiner that would even deal with melting your scrap copper into bars (for a fee of course) I don't really know where to look. I've tried googling for smelters but it would seem to no avail. Would places that buy scrap be able to do it? I am in Kentucky and any surrounding states would be fine if you all know of any. I'm willing to drive the distance and pay the fee to have this done. Better yet, I would love to find a smelter that will pretty much smelt ALL types of metal. (I'd like to turn some cans into aluminum bars as well) Any suggestions or tips to get me started would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Randyd

Mar 8, 2011
Kalifornia
Hello,

You are getting smelting and melting mixed up. If you want to melt aluminum, google "backyard metal casting" or "home made cast aluminum"

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions