If you scrap CRT tvs, I want to give you $ for something youre throwing away

Dec 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you scrap CRT tv's, I want to give you $ for something you're throwing away

Hey everyone,
So if you scrap CRT TV's you probably know the electron gun inside the tube. I repurpose these little pieces of glass that are on the electron gun inside. Here's some pictures:

The brown bars in this picture:
http://wpcontent.answcdn.com/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/Egun.jpg/250px-Egun.jpg

The green bars in this picture:
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/electron-gun-2.jpg

There are two bars in every TV or computer monitor, they come in all different colors and shapes, and even if they're broken I can still use them. I'll pay per pound about what you get for copper, so if you scrap tv's, throw them in a bag, and I'll buy whatever you have. I'm not interested in glass from the tube, only those glass bars. If interested, email me at mtpglass (@) gmail.com Thank you everybody, this is my first post, I'm sorry if this is the wrong area for this. :)

Ben

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you do with them?
Inquiring minds wants to know.... LOL

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you do with them?
Inquiring minds wants to know.... LOL

Bump.... Really would like to know what you can do with those. Each week I see at least one old CRT monitor or old TV setting out by the curb. The city won't pick them up as plain garbage....

It's so bad about non-pickups that when I was at a garage sale in an upscale neighborhood, I glanced at an old TV with a built-in VCR player below the picture tube and then moved on. When I picked up an almost new grease gun and put it back down, the lady said, "If you'll take the TV away, I'll give you that."

I'm on the same city garbage pickup she was and taking home her TV/player was worse than a rusty boat anchor.... So, I have the chances to get what you'd asked about if I just understood how many you need and how they are used...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread