Please point me in the right direction

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been selling on ebay for about 5 yrs. I have saved a lot of the gold I have gotten at yard sales and a lot of the scrap silver. Ill drop some sterling online if I want to buy a Morgan or some .999 silver. But im sure I take a hit on the sale of this. So where do you sell the gold too? My wife wants to buy the house we are renting and I think I could get a down payment off what I have, but I don't know where to go with it. Selling gold for scrap on ebay is dumb, Im under $20 of spot plus ebay fees, Never a win on that. So I just save it. The silver jewelry we resell, but then there is some scrap stuff too. Ive had it melted down to 10 oz bars but then its just a pile of silver! So where do you send yours?

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
You may find ebay to work out pretty good. Usually things will sell for a slight premium. If you price the auction at spot to start, and get hit with 12.3% fees, you might be about the same as finding a refiner and getting hit with their fees. Plus PayPal is fast for receiving funds. You will also do better on any pieces you can list as "not scrap" and sell as wearable jewelry. I am sure a lot of folks on here and on the net will give you many recommendations for refiners if you search "best gold refiner" on TNet or google search.

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You may find ebay to work out pretty good. Usually things will sell for a slight premium. If you price the auction at spot to start, and get hit with 12.3% fees, you might be about the same as finding a refiner and getting hit with their fees. Plus PayPal is fast for receiving funds. You will also do better on any pieces you can list as "not scrap" and sell as wearable jewelry. I am sure a lot of folks on here and on the net will give you many recommendations for refiners if you search "best gold refiner" on TNet or google search.

Yes, sell your rings and stuff as jewelry as opposed to scrap. You'll make more money.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do sell my good stuff I find on there. But I do get some scrap stuff too. I will probably just hang on to all of as gold is dropping again. It seemed like it was gonna start looking up again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread