Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jul 2007

TJ2662's Haul's to the Scrap Yard

Okay I'll post my haul's as I make them.

Last Friday's haul

460lbs of Tin (@$50/Ton) $11.50
    140lbs of Aluminum (.40/lb) $56.00
    11lbs of Magnesium (.15/lb) $ 1.65
    9lbs of Brass (.65/lb) $ 5.85
    38lbs of Stainless (.25/lb) $ 9.50
    19lbs Insulated Wire (.50/lb) $9.50
    GRAND TOTAL of $94.00

Monday's haul

480lbs Mixed Load of Steel/Tin (@65/Ton) $15.60
    6lbs of #2 Copper (1.55/lb) $9.30
    5lbs of Brass (.55/lb) $2.75
    35lbs of Insulated Wire (.50/lb) $17.50
    80lbs of Aluminum (.40/lb) $32.00
    GRAND TOTAL of $77.15

us
    Aug 2006
    earth
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: TJ2662's Haul's to the Scrap Yard

nice hauls

where did you get all that magnesium?
    How to clean your copper coins using peroxide:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...gen.html?cat=6

Jul 2007

Whitesid, actually the magnesium was a bit of a bummer, as I had busted my @ss taking apart a couple of lawn mowers & 2 of the lawn mower decks were MAGNESIUM rather then aluminum, I wouldn't have went thru all the work for .15/lb vs .40/lb. Live & Learn, I say.... I've even brought in Pewter a few times, thinking it was brass...

Jon

Jan 2007

Is this DW tj?
    Whether its you or not nice haul.

Jul 2007

Friday's Haul (all picked up in a few hours on Thursday, cleaning up the family farmstead)

3440lbs of Heavy Metal (@$100/tn) $172.00 TOTAL...

I have a mixed load & some copper wire to haul in Monday, will post that soon.

TJ

Jul 2007

Monday's Haul

this was the crap left from picking thru the family farm, didn't want to move it again, as I dig thru the huge junk piles, so hauled it in.

520lbs Mixed Load (@$50/Ton) $13.00
    12lbs of Aluminum Cans (.45/lb) $5.40

TOTAL $18.40

WEDNESDAYS HAUL

260lbs Mixed Load (@$50/Ton) $6.50
    2lbs #2 Copper (1.70/lb) $3.40
    11lbs Brass (.65/lb) $7.15
    80lbs Aluminum (.40lb) $32.00
    20lbs #2 Wire (.50/lb) $10.00
    11lbs Magnesium (.15lb) $1.65
    10lbs Stainless (.20lb) $2.00
    80lbs of Cat 5 Wire (.30/lb) $24.00

TOTAL $86.70

Jul 2007

Geez, I forgot to post for quite a long time...

Well haven't been doing too much scrapping the last few weeks, have 2 other businesses that have been keeping me busy...

Did bring in a mixed load (tin/steel) today & got a helluva surprise, instead of the standard $65/ton they usually pay for it, they gave me $90/ton.... But then the gigantic sky high piles of steel that are usually in the yard (i've never seen them not sky high), where down to the ground... the yard must've shipped out some serious scrap...

Also brought in 100lbs of Aluminum on Monday for $40...

TJ

Jul 2007

I'm back..... Sorry I haven't posted in ages....

Well Cleanup week is coming up fast... It snowed here this last Friday, so I didn't get to go work on the mobile home I'm scrapping out. We received over 9" of snow, so ppl aren't putting out too much for clean up week yet... which is probably good, since competition is going to be fierce. I cleared out my stash of the following in preparation for clean up week. I'm going to be parternering w/ a buddy of mine who also has a truck & trailer. So wanted to get myself closer to zero, before we started sharing. If things go well, might open a junk hauling business together.

Mixed Aluminum 40 cents/lb 20lbs $8.00
    #2 Copper 2.40/lb 14lbs $40.60
    #2 Insulated Wire $1.10/lb 45lbs $49.50

Grand Total $98.10... I have to return some calls for scrap pick up.

TJ

Jul 2007

Okay,

I've been scrapping like crazy since the beginning of May. I'll get all the slips/loads in here in awhile. I am still going thru stuff from clean up week, though I've been working on the family farmstead scrap pile & tearing down a trailer, along w/ a few side jobs.

This isn't complete yet, but I'll get it filled in as fast as I can, have to round up all my scrap yard slips.

Gonna keep bumping the whole list down to the bottom/top of my thread......

Mar 2008
    Washington, DC

Wow -- by my count nearly 2k! You're inspiring.

KW

Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by kittywitty
    Wow -- by my count nearly 2k! You're inspiring.

KW
    KW,

Thanks, I have to get moving today, didn't get up til 5:30am today, and have been lounging around a bit. Need to hit the HHW to drop off some old paint (farm clean up again) and hopefully find some useful stuff in the reuse room (need weed killer & primer).

Then it's back to my arena, which has plenty of stuff to take apart. I'll think I'll spend the day on Propane grills, windows and lawn x-mas ornaments. But who knows.... I won't be hauling in again until Monday anyways. If I get bored with one thing, I'll move to another.

I have to go pick up a 20ft flatbed trailer this weekend & build sides for it & also pick up a cutting torch system... Anyone have any tips

TJ

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    7 times

Hey, it's a lot of fun to read about your scrapping exploits, and I really enjoy the way you keep posting in the same thread, reather than creating a new post everytime. Makes it much easier to read. I do have one question, though. I saw you mentioned white goods earlier. Is that things like washers, dryers, freezers, etc?
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by af1733
    Hey, it's a lot of fun to read about your scrapping exploits, and I really enjoy the way you keep posting in the same thread, reather than creating a new post everytime. Makes it much easier to read. I do have one question, though. I saw you mentioned white goods earlier. Is that things like washers, dryers, freezers, etc?
    Yes... They do charge $10 for each freon containing appliance, but will let you get by w/o charging if you bring in atleast 5 other appliances w/ 1 freon containing appliance.

Heck if I get really bored sometime I'll post my scrap yard hauls all the way back to 2006.

TJ

us
    Jul 2005
    New Mexico
    White's XLT
    7 times

Hey, I'd love to see 'em! How do you get in contact with all the folks who have this stuff to give away? Sort of a trade off, "I'll haul it away if I can have it" sort of thing?
    We all know there's no such thing as a "hunted out" location. Let's stop using that phrase to describe a park out of which you just dug a pile of coins! Obviously that particular place wasn't "hunted out", right?

Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by af1733
    Hey, I'd love to see 'em! How do you get in contact with all the folks who have this stuff to give away? Sort of a trade off, "I'll haul it away if I can have it" sort of thing?
    That would be it....

Though I swear some people would rather pay you to haul it, then give it away...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links