May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Here's the latest on copper prices...

<<Table based on August 31, 2007 closing base metal prices:
Copper $3.4385/lb 0.0426 Zinc $1.4135/lb 0.0376 Nickel $13.3810/lb 0.7273
>>

So, copper was up 4 cents, to $3.44 a pound. Nope, doesn't look like the $2.20 you are seeing is nationwide ... or real. SOmoene is taking advantage of you. Check elsewhere, and hopefully you'll get some better prices. :-)

JOhn

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
superduty said:
scroll down and look at my post from Aug. 9 , o7...http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99323.0.html .. remember the song from Pink Floyd... "ten years have creep behind you no one TOLD you when to run you MISSED the starting gun"?? well you folks missed it Sory bout ya...
Well, toot your little horn. :P I highly doubt this is the end to the rise of copper prices. ::) I'll see you next year. ;) Unlike "most" as you put it, I have plenty of space to store my copper, brass and aluminum. :o

justgeese said:
Didn't miss it, was there for the good run also ;D Now the price is dropping so the scraper's will hold back and store up for winter, soon as it gets tight the Chinese will get the price back up..Winter coming so AC condensing coils will get in short supply, my new copper is already dropping in price for the winter. When spring hits we will do it all over again
Exactly. If not i'll hold onto it till it does.

OP
OP
S

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia
I still have a couple hundred pounds of copper to strip. I normally wait till after trapping season to get serious about it. I have three scrapyards around me and they all pay close to the same. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread