Help Protect Your Second Amendment Rights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new $12 million television ad campaign from Mayors Against Illegal Guns will push senators in key states to back gun control efforts, including "universal background checks". Contact your U.S. Senators and urge them to oppose "universal background checks" and any gun or magazine ban!

Below is an NRA site, you do not need to be a NRA member to use it, it will give you a generic letter filled out and you can edit it to add any thing you wish to it, I edited mine to let them know I am watching and my votes will be based on how they vote....

When you fill in your name and address it automatically selects all the correct reps for you and adds their names to the email so it is sent to all at the same time, you do not need to find the email address or website to contact that senator or congressman, the link does it for you........

Here is the body of the letter...

"As your constituent, I want to urge you to oppose any and all gun control proposals that have been, or will be, introduced, particularly so-called “universal” background checks, which would criminalize the private transfer of firearms and any legislation that would arbitrarily limit ammunition magazines or reinstate the failed ban on commonly owned semi-automatic rifles.

Even Obama's experts say his gun control policies won't work. According to an internal Department of Justice memorandum,"universal" background checks will not work without requiring gun registration and a gun and magazine ban, like the one being debated right now in Congress, will not work without a mandatory gun buyback (confiscation).

The one thing all of these misguided proposals have in common is they won't reduce crime. Criminals, by definition, are lawbreakers. They are not deterred by laws against murder, rape, armed robbery, etc., and they won’t be affected by additional gun control laws on top of the tens of thousands of existing laws we have on the books at every governmental level.

Again, I urge you to oppose any and all anti-gun legislation that will simply penalize law-abiding gun owners and instead focus on improvements to our nation’s mental health system and enhancing school security, while respecting our Second Amendment rights.

Please reply to me with your position on these measures. Your votes on these issues will be a major consideration in my future voting decisions."

Write your Reps here: NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Interesting - my LGS closed recently and I their was a sign on the door saying it would re-open under new management shortly. I swung by yesterday and the "re-open" sign was replaced by a "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" flyer! Wow - it just amazes me how citizen's actually believe that the "bad guy" is going to be prevented from illegally acquiring a firearm - simply unbelievable! Why don't they see how crazy gun control measures are working in Washington DC, New York, etc. - just amazing!

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
So...what's your solution to the "bad guys getting guns" problem Navy? Some people actually want to be seen to at least be attempting to stem the flow....while those like TH and his NRA buddies prefer the "Let's just leave things as they are because i have my guns and everything is rosy in my world. Who cares about anyone else!" approach!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...what's your solution to the "bad guys getting guns" problem Navy?...

metal_detector.gif
And there you go Dano Sverige. The ONLY one's who will be affected by foolish gun control measures are the law abiding citizen's - period. They (law abiding citizen's) are the only one's that will follow the law. The "Bad Guy" will simply go out and buy whatever they want (as they have). What is the solution - maybe make sure the unstable citizen's are helped? Increasing the gun laws may look like politician's are concerned but they have no affect on the "bad guys." Anyway - I am afraid that more citizen's (like yourself) honestly believe gun controls will prevent "bad guys" from getting guns - so naive (IMHO).

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
So...what's your solution to the "bad guys getting guns" problem Navy? Some people actually want to be seen to at least be attempting to stem the flow....while those like TH and his NRA buddies prefer the "Let's just leave things as they are because i have my guns and everything is rosy in my world. Who cares about anyone else!" approach!

Dano, here is something you obviously can't comprehend, bad guys don't follow the laws or the rules, they do not go to the local gun store to buy guns, only law abiding citizens do. The gun laws will not stop any criminals from getting guns, never have and never will.

We have some thing here called Bill of Rights, one of the rights is the ability to arm ourselves for protection..... "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It is clear and in English.

Your time could be better spent fighting the horrible rape crisis in the country you choose to live in than worrying about the rights we Americans are born with since unless you become an American citizen you will never have a legitimate voice in our gun rights.

You could however have a voice in fighting Sweden's shame in the ranking as #1 country in the world in rape crimes...

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The only thing i "can't comprehend" TH, is why you just repeat the same tired old posts whenever your posts contain the word "Dano"? You're well aware i'm not American, and yet just like your TV programs you insist on treating me like one by repeating the same old thing time after time after time!
I've already answered that question for you! I've already shot your figures down in flames on the rape thing on the other thread! Why keep bleating on about it?

I asked for a solution. I asked why you constantly promote the blocking of anything that is aimed at trying to block the criminal elements. We all KNOW that the bad guys will ALWAYS get guns, but is the only solution to let politicians just shrug their shoulders and do nothing? Or will they then be the butt of your wrath if your wife got gunned down buying groceries?
Every American citizen ever raped, robbed, murdered, burgled or mugged had the right to have a gun.....it didn't help them! Ok, thousands have been saved from the same thing because they did have them and that's a good thing, but it's no consolation to the 10,000+ each year who die!

So...are some politicians bad guys for wanting/trying to make a difference?......Isn't that supposed to be their job in the first place? Or do they just sit back with their "i'm ok Jack, sod everyone else" mentality like many of you?
Somewhere America HAS to find a solution!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Then the focus should be on the criminal element and the cause of gun violence and less on the lawabiding. Or new laws,like the existing become only lip service to the problem.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing i "can't comprehend" TH, is why you just repeat the same tired old posts whenever your posts contain the word "Dano"? You're well aware i'm not American, and yet just like your TV programs you insist on treating me like one by repeating the same old thing time after time after time!
I've already answered that question for you! I've already shot your figures down in flames on the rape thing on the other thread! Why keep bleating on about it?

I asked for a solution. I asked why you constantly promote the blocking of anything that is aimed at trying to block the criminal elements. We all KNOW that the bad guys will ALWAYS get guns, but is the only solution to let politicians just shrug their shoulders and do nothing? Or will they then be the butt of your wrath if your wife got gunned down buying groceries?
Every American citizen ever raped, robbed, murdered, burgled or mugged had the right to have a gun.....it didn't help them! Ok, thousands have been saved from the same thing because they did have them and that's a good thing, but it's no consolation to the 10,000+ each year who die!

So...are some politicians bad guys for wanting/trying to make a difference?......Isn't that supposed to be their job in the first place? Or do they just sit back with their "i'm ok Jack, sod everyone else" mentality like many of you?
Somewhere America HAS to find a solution!

Dano you didnt shoot anything down, you saying it isn't a problem when there are reports all over doesn't make it not true....Here are more reports on the major problem with attacks on women in Sweden, I guess these are all wrong too, even though some are written by swedes.....

Sweden ? A raped country | Cavatus's Blog

1 in 4 Swedish women will be raped

UniLang ? View topic - Rape statistics Sweden 2013

As far as the gun issue, the solution needed is certainly not to attack our Bill of Rights, it is a knee jerk reaction by liberals and Democrats, you would fit right in as a Democract.......Our constitution was not written to guarantee public safety, it was written to guarantee our personal Liberty and Freedoms.... We are a Democratic Constitutional Republic, our freedoms is what this country was founded on, all the gun laws in the world will not stop what happen because the criminals do not obey the laws. The only thing gun control laws ever do is make it harder for the law abiding citizens to legally buy a firearm, they do not make it even one iota harder for a criminal or evil person to aquire a firearm....

The only sure way would be to turn this country into a dictatorship, confiscate all the guns, institute death squads and Gestapo's style police tatics....We will never stand for that ever!.... I and the millions of my co patriots will never ever surrender our rights including our right to be armed to defend ourselves from all forms of evil wether it is lawless criminals or government tyranny....We are not England, we are not Japan, we are not Australia nor are we any other country, we are United States of America we were all born with the Bill of Rights and we have no intention of ever surrendering them, not sure why it is so hard for other people in other countries to understand this, but then again it doesn't matter if they understand this or not, they don't live here they are not Americans........

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Well, simplicity is just too complicated to some.

1. The only penalty for committing a gun crime should be DEATH.
2. Criminals who commit gun crimes, upon conviction, are PUT TO DEATH.

Too simple for some, as they are more concerned about the guy who pulls the trigger and kills a family than they are that the crime never occur again.

Follow the two steps above, and there is no longer an up side to using a gun to commit a crime because the penalty is too severe to take the risk.

If there is no longer an up side for using a gun to commit a crime, you won't see criminals using guns as often.

There is no need for a 100,000 page criminal code.

Common sense is just too difficult for the left.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread was open to give those interested in contacting their reps an easy means to do so, the link in the original post willl send an email to every one of your representives on the federal level at the same time, you do not need to have to look up their email address or website to contact them, the link does it for you,:icon_thumright:

Thread was not open to discuss the pros or cons of gun control....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano, you want to help save lives? Write to the Politicians and demand tougher sentences for violent crime (all violent crime not just crime with use of a firearm or carrying a firearm while in the commission of a crime). Quite often our sentences are not commensurate with the crime and way way too often we see violent criminals released with very little if any time served. We have a high recidivism rate as the penalties faced by criminals are literally laughed off by them and as these thugs continue being rotated through the system they get more and more violent.

In CT in 2007 we had our worst home invasion within the State take place. Two criminals that were rotated through the system for years were once again released back into society. They formed a plan and in the end they had beaten a father and husband close to death. Throughout the night of the invasion they sexually assaulted and beat the mother/wife and two young daughters. The mother was strangled to death and the two daughters were tied to their beds while the house was set on fire, they too died but from smoke inhalation. The police were on the scene while the house was set on fire but they remained outside and were able to apprehend the two thugs when they tried to flee. As an aside here, the two daughters most likely would be alive if the police chose to enter the house at this time. These two guys should never have been released with the rap sheet they already had and this family paid the price for the failure of our judicial system. The two have been sentenced to death but likely will die from natural causes (I believe they have been isolated from general population while in prison (don't want to violate their Rights or risk having them get hurt now would we)). About a year ago our Democratic Governor, Dannel Malloy saw fit to pass a Bill that was introduced to repeal the death penalty. What message does this convey? There is nothing so bad that one can do, no act so abominable that the perpetrator needs to be concerned with paying for their actions with loss of their life. This puts Individuals lives at risk from the acts of these monsters.

As I'm sure you're well aware CT also saw a most horrific act committed this past December. The Sandy Hook School shootings. This kid was majorly disturbed and his mother was well aware of it. If she lived she would be culpable in those deaths being that she brought those guns into that house and let that monster get to them. He lived in a sensory deprived world of gaming (combat simulators really) while taking legal and illegal drugs. The mother certainly knew he had problems, the school system also did as well as certain health care providers. He researched his plan for years and no one dared to restrict him so he was not a danger to himself or others. He was mentally deranged and working within the mind of a violent criminal but we don't have the right mechanism to "impose" on these people. The ironic thing is that just a few miles from their house as well as a few miles from the school there is a defunct (as of 1995) psychiatric hospital that once housed over 4,000 patients from many communities. The solution to this incident? Why of course, take firearms away from those that haven't committed any crimes.

The thinking by our elected officials here is pathological at best. We have problems in our society due to criminal behavior and mentally ill but we consistently see a certain segment of our population and our officials refuse to lay blame where it belongs, rather they are content with further trampling of the Rights of Citizens. My Rights are mine and they can not be taken away by the Government nor by popular vote. We live in a Republic and that distinction protects us (or is supposed to anyway) from tyranny of Government and from discriminatory legislation being brought into law due to want of a majority. All citizens are created equal and the Rights of one do not supplant the Rights of another.

I'm liking the addition of this Board.

edit: Sorry TH. Didn't mean to step on your toes at all. I just saw this thread is locked, missed that before posting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin my friend you did not step on my toes, it is not a problem, your a mod, mods can post in locked threads...

By the way welcome back............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread