Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn Beck Makes Exciting Offer to Duck Dynasty to Switch Networks

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, December 19, 2013, 4:46 PM

Duck Dynasty’s Christmas album*sold more copies*this week that Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.

One day after Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson was fired by A&E, the family already has offers. Glenn Beck invited the entire family to move their show to his network.
The Blaze*reported:

“Duck Dynasty on TheBlaze” has a nice ring to it, according to Glenn Beck.

One day after Phil Robertson’s comments about homosexuality earned him an indefinite suspension from the hit series “Duck Dynasty” on A&E, Beck offered the entire Robertson family a place on his own network.

“[All the other networks] will fold to pressure,” he said. “They will all fold to sponsors. They will all fold to money because they are all in over their eyeballs are debt … the only reason why Phil was put on hiatus and not the rest is because it is a money-printing machine.”

Beck said as he sees it, the Robertson family has a choice to make.

Duck Dynasty is the*number one rated program*in cable history.

Glenn Beck Makes Exciting Offer to Duck Dynasty to Switch Networks | The Gateway Pundit

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone thinks GB's network doesnt see dollar signs with this "kind gesture" then I have a bridge to sell you.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone thinks GB's network doesnt see dollar signs with this "kind gesture" then I have a bridge to sell you.

Of course they do, same as A&E and ever other network... Thing is they want be fired for expressing their personal opinions...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If Beck has the money, more power to him and good for him for helping stand up for Phil and freedom of speech for everyone.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Beck has the money, more power to him and good for him for helping stand up for Phil and freedom of speech for everyone.

I hope they do it and everyone involved makes money! Funny that some people think that is a bad thing? What has happened to America,, really?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really amazing how the biggest bully's cry out "stop bullying" and the biggest haters cry out "stop hating" <--- Lib's, the scum of the world, but hey, they sure are good at persuading the low information crowd.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
WOW Dude... you're brilliant !.. I thought they did it for free... :hello2: The point is that GB has the nads to put them on unlike A&E who is worried about offending the 3.8% of the public that are gay. I hope they take him up on the offer.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess nobody minds Oprah making megabucks though and wanting to wipe out and eradicate a generation of older Southerners.That's not hate,right? <<<Rollseyes

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL!!!! A month ago Alec Baldwin got fired from his show for an anti gay remark. And, on these pages we had one thread that went 12 posts deep. Most of the posts along the lines that Baldwin is homophobic and got what he deserved. Now, Phil Roberson runs into the exact same PC buzz saw and instead of being a homophobic who is getting what he deserves, he is under attack! Tnet has not less than six threads running all pro Phil, and more than 200 posts.

I'm not defending either one of these guys, only pointing out difference in opinion coming from the exact same place regarding the exact same issue. The TNET community all of a sudden recognizes what is going on and has a strong opinion? Not likely! Closer to: not a problem they cared about until their Ox got gored.

There is one difference. Phil is clearly anti gay. he says as much. Baldwin, OTOH, didn't say he was anti gay. He instead, used a term that the gay PC crowd has Identified as hate language. Unfortunately, for Baldwin, and anyone else who grew up in the 60s and 70s, the term was a common put down when tempers rose. Of course this was when common sense ruled, before the PC crowd took over. So, for some older adult males it is ingrained. In this way Baldwin's offense is much less serious than Phil's. Baldwin is not anti gay. But he is still unemployed.

As for Phil, glad he's made his millions making decoys cause, Hollywood, and all the sponsorship deals - that's probably over now. More so if the pot gets stirred. That's sad, because he is a good man. And his family? Stand up people! Unfortunately, this isn't going to go away. Bottom line in business, no controversy! And no opinions on hot button issues. Hot button issues drive people away.

As for the show, it is mindless entertainment. Sometimes funny always stupid. But usually fun to watch. That said, if you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

And not one of those 200 posts addressed A&E doing what it thought was the right thing. People here have supported Hobby Lobby and Chik-fil-A (probably not spelled correctly). But when A&E takes a stand despite the money - well, the horse is on the other foot.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww but you did defend Baldwin, you said

So, back to Baldwin. When he called the Photographer a CSF he wasn't hurling a gay slur. He was hurling the first thing that has come to mind every time he has gotten mad at someone since the time he was a teenager.

That he got fired over it is ridiculous.

What is the difference from you? It is the same as you, many of us do not see offense in Phil ' words.....

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
OB, just the old not too well thought out double standard at work. Baldwin gets axed and it's he got what he deserved!

Phil gets axed, it's wait a minute now you've gone too far! What's this firing of TV stars for having an opinion? (it's called business)

The defense of Phil is he's not a bigot, he's just a guy with an opinion. One he is entitled to. But Baldwin? He's a bigot!

What is interesting with 200 plus posts and counting on this issue on just this one forum, is exactly what A&E doesn't want. Someplace on the net are 200 plus posts that are anti Phil. Both thread communities are anti A&E. Which is why A&E doesn't want this type of buzz. The marketing experts at all the sponsors are looking at this as a forest fire. They want no part in it. While the last thing A&E wants to do is cut a hit show, no show is too big to fail. if it comes down to saving the ship no show is too big to jettison. keeping sponsors happy is job number one.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL!!!! A month ago Alec Baldwin got fired from his show for an anti gay remark. And, on these pages we had one thread that went 12 posts deep. Most of the posts along the lines that Baldwin is homophobic and got what he deserved. Now, Phil Roberson runs into the exact same PC buzz saw and instead of being a homophobic who is getting what he deserves, he is under attack! Tnet has not less than six threads running all pro Phil, and more than 200 posts.

I'm not defending either one of these guys, only pointing out difference in opinion coming from the exact same place regarding the exact same issue. The TNET community all of a sudden recognizes what is going on and has a strong opinion? Not likely! Closer to: not a problem they cared about until their Ox got gored.

There is one difference. Phil is clearly anti gay. he says as much. Baldwin, OTOH, didn't say he was anti gay. He instead, used a term that the gay PC crowd has Identified as hate language. Unfortunately, for Baldwin, and anyone else who grew up in the 60s and 70s, the term was a common put down when tempers rose. Of course this was when common sense ruled, before the PC crowd took over. So, for some older adult males it is ingrained. In this way Baldwin's offense is much less serious than Phil's. Baldwin is not anti gay. But he is still unemployed.

As for Phil, glad he's made his millions making decoys cause, Hollywood, and all the sponsorship deals - that's probably over now. More so if the pot gets stirred. That's sad, because he is a good man. And his family? Stand up people! Unfortunately, this isn't going to go away. Bottom line in business, no controversy! And no opinions on hot button issues. Hot button issues drive people away.

As for the show, it is mindless entertainment. Sometimes funny always stupid. But usually fun to watch. That said, if you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

Ah, let's revisit that thread and see the clarification the OP submitted in the Baldwin thread:

Baldwin? I didn't even like him in Beetlejuice. He deserved what he got and earned it very thoroughly!

Martin Bashir was the point of my post. There has been zero response by MSNBC on what he said about Sarah Palin.

MSNBC supports Gay rights, but not women's rights..... Baldwin would likely have gotten away with saying the same thing about Palin without repercussions..... Just like Sarah said....

Now, maybe you can read the post again ... you know, the one you commented on?

Actually think about what you read and THEN make your comment based on the ACTUAL INFORMATION CONTAINED.

BTW, you defended Baldwin in that thread, didn't you?

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Aww but you did defend Baldwin, you said

What is the difference from you? It is the same as you, many of us do not see offense in Phil ' words.....

And i stood alone in doing so.

Deep says in his post Baldwin got what he deserved. The Bashir comment is off topic.

I'm not offended by Phil's words in anyway. I'd have a beer with him anytime. Same with baldwin.

My only point in posting is how this community has reacted. two B list TV stars get canned for the exact same infraction -180 degree difference in opinion coming from the crowd here. One is a bigot who got what he deserved. The other a victim of a ridiculous overly PC TV network. Yet MSNBC and A&E did exactly the same thing. No difference.

I think what these networks did is ridiculous. And though i disagree with it, from a business POV I understand it.

On a personal note, maybe, at least now, people here understand where I was coming from when i defended Baldwin.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I feel the same way about Phil. I'm not offended by his words in anyway. I'd have a beer with him anytime. Same with baldwin.

My only point in posting is how this community has reacted. two B list TV stars get canned for the exact same infraction -180 degree difference in opinion coming from the crowd here. One is a bigot who got what he deserved. The other a victim of a ridiculous overly PC TV network. Yet MSNBC and A&E did exactly the same thing. No difference.

I think it's ridiculous. And though i disagree with it, from a business POV I understand it.

I only saw one person use the word homophobe where it wasn't copied from an article.

Please show the other instances in that thread.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Chad you have missed the point. One post defends baldwin getting fired and over 200 posts defend Phil.

The baldwin thread, outside of my post was anti baldwin or connecting issues. The biggest point though is that counting my supporting post and the original thread starting post it went only 12 posts deep.

I was the only person saying wait a minute this is wrong!

Here we are a month later, everything is the same except the TV star under fire. Now instead of the star getting what they deserved and getting no outraged defense from this community the group here is up in arms over this issue. 12 posts versus 200 plus! Truth is i agree with them. it is ridiculous. But it's also business.

Again, interesting to see how many people now agree with my stand on Baldwin.

If Phil is a just a guy entitled to his opinions, then so is Baldwin.

Glad to see everyone gets that now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, In one post you clearly make excuses for and defend Baldwin and in another you say your not defending either...Which is it?

We defend Phil because he is not gay bashing, he is expressing his reglious belief which many of us share.

Deep says in his post Baldwin got what he deserved. The Bashir comment is off topic.

I'm not offended by Phil's words in anyway. I'd have a beer with him anytime. Same with baldwin.

I think what these networks did is ridiculous. And though i disagree with it, from a business POV I understand it.

On a personal note, maybe, at least now, people here understand where I was coming from when i defended Baldwin.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I was defending Baldwin in the first post on the thread about Baldwin. Not defending him on the second thread about Phil.

My posts on this thread, though they express my view that the networks are overly PC, were not to defend either of these guys. Only to point out the "Nobody cares until their Ox gets gored" factor in play here.

As for the biblical scriptures referring to homosexuality - At best up for debate.

Regardless, the sponsors don't look at Phil's comments as acceptable. Though i'm sure you'll still be able to buy the odd lots of his products at Hobby Lobby.

BTW, Baldwin didn't express an anti gay POV as did Phil. He used a term many men have most likely used themselves. The difference? There is always a camera and microphone pointed at him.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I was defending Baldwin in the first post on the thread about Baldwin. Not defending him on the second thread about Phil.
Thanks for admitting that you're just here to argue. Do you think you could get your buddies to admit it too ? Pick ANY topic and look to see what the majority think and you can bet they will jump right in with the exact opposite opinion. No matter what the topic. And no matter what you always agree with eachother. Never any independent opinions of your own. It's pretty obvious and very weird... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread