“Boycott A&E Until Phil*Robertson*Is Put Back On Duck Dynasty”*Facebook page

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFLMBO

They now have over 1.2 million likes on the Boycott A&E Facebook page in 24 hours and it is climbing by the minute....

Page found here...

https://m.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport?id=220522928130438&fref=ts&_rdr

Facebook Suspends Administrator of “Boycott A & E…” Page

Posted on December 19, 2013 by Dean Garrison

Wednesday evening social media was fuming with the news of Phil Robertson’s suspension. I joined a Facebook page called “Boycott A&E Until Phil Robertson Is Put Back On Duck Dynasty.”At the time there were about 10,000 likes which I found pretty amazing in such a short time. I was unaware of what would happen after that. About 25 minutes after I joined the page the likes were at 32,000 and evidently the page was just getting started. As of now there are 1.1 million likes and it is roughly 24 hourslater.

CBS Houston reports:

As of Thursday evening, more than 1 million people have “liked” the “Boycott A&E Until Phil Robertson Is Put Back OnDuck Dynasty”Facebook page.

“This page is to show support for the freedom of speech of Americans. Unless Phil is reinstated to the show, we refuse to watch the A&E Channel!” the page states.

The page exploded when it was launched Wednesday, breaking over 200,000 likes in less than six hours and 700,000 after 20 hours. The page received more than 1 million likes in less than 24 hours.

The administrator, who is named Michael, claims he was even banned from Facebook for 12 hours because the page was generating 4,500 likes in one hour.

“The administrator of this page was banned for next 12 hours because this page generated 4.5K likes in ‘1 hour.’ People you are getting the word out! Continue to spread that we will boycott A&E until PhilRobertson is put back Duck Dynasty,” the page states.

Thousands were voicing their support on the page.

“I am going to buy a duck call from Duck Commander. I have never owned a gun or gone hunting in my life,” Watson L. Clark stated.

Teddy NeSmith said: “I stand for the U.S. Constitution and the 1st. Amendment, Phil can say anything he wishes about his religion. “

Facebook has some ridiculous rules. How can they suspend someone for putting up a page that is too popular? As of now the page still remains up and if you would like to add your support to 1.1 million people you can go here.

I should note that something may have been done to reduce the original suspension because the Administrator is back and currently posting updates. It doesn’t appear that it lasted a full 12 hours.

Facebook Suspends Administrator of "Boycott A & E..." Page |

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Better yet boycott TV all together,you'll see how fast the networks smarten up to the crap they air and their bought and payed for news.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I read a story last night that the rest of the Robertson family has come out and said they don't see the show continuing without Phil. Good for them. Take their multi million dollar ball & go home. A&E committed financial suicide and if anyone is going to apologize for anything it will be them.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Red James cash:

Do you watch tv? You often write there's nothing good on it.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't do facebook - but go Phil!!!!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
“This page is to show support for the freedom of speech of Americans." Despite what that Facebook page says, this isn't a First Amendment issue. Phil Robertson had ample opportunity to speak his mind. Seems to me that's what started the brouhaha in the first place.

He exercised his First Amendment rights. And sprained his tongue doing it.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“This page is to show support for the freedom of speech of Americans." Despite what that Facebook page says, this isn't a First Amendment issue. Phil Robertson had ample opportunity to speak his mind. Seems to me that's what started the brouhaha in the first place.

He exercised his First Amendment rights. And sprained his tongue doing it.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

ROFLMBO. .. It seems 1.4 million viewers and climbing by the minute disagree with you.

He and his family will laugh all the way to the bank while A&E cries on way to the bank...

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I just have to laugh at these libs on here that totally miss the point. A&E purposely produced a show that features outspoken opinionated southern rednecks and it blew the roof off the ratings charts. Now they are pissed because one of the cast was a little too outspoken ? Is it because he deviated from the script or what ? It ain't like Ward & June Cleaver used the "n" word. This fake outrage is a joke and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was all a huge publicity stunt.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, but, but, I thought private companies had the right to do what they want! People on the right constantly defend and rationalize what the private sector engages in! A&E is a private broadcaster, so why doesn't that apply to them in this case?

Phil has the right to express himself, and A&E has the right to run their private business the way they choose to. TRUE OR FALSE?

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1.4 million out of how many people whom watch television...a pittance...
i'd laugh but this isn't funny on any level...
its like watching seventh generation in breeders sitting about laughing about how other people have teeth.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
But, but, but, I thought private companies had the right to do what they want! People on the right constantly defend and rationalize what the private sector engages in! A&E is a private broadcaster, so why doesn't that apply to them in this case?

Phil has the right to express himself, and A&E has the right to run their private business the way they choose to. TRUE OR FALSE?
I'll play. The correct answer is true of course. And if the share holders of A&E are cool with them slashing the throat of the biggest cash cow they have ever had then why should I care...

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to at least one article I read, the A&E exec that made the decision to axe the ol' boy said that her final decision came when he had compared homosexuality to bestiality. I'm not sure but I don't think HE compared the two, he was quoting what he said was written in the bible. It was a list of "sins" that, if comitted by a person, would keep them out of heaven. Thieves were also on the list. He didn't say they were the same sin but the punishment would be the same. Now, if he had just said thieves and people that participate in bestiality weren't going to heaven, and he was talking about bank robbers, would we still have this huge stink?? Just wondering but I'm sure the answer is no. The pc police pick and choose what everyone should be upset about. If he is a Christian and, if the bible says what he quoted it as saying, I guess everyone upset about this should also ban the bible. Just sayin'. What he said may not be politically correct but could possibly be considered biblical fact.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In breeders? Seriously? They aren't a bunch of dumb rednecks if that is what you're saying Pippin.The Robertson family is very smart and very savvy business wise.They sure don't need A&E's ratings nor their money.

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
"Dumb rednecks" LOL Here they are before Duck Dynasty. You folks do realize that "reality tv" isn't real right ?

Attachments

• 9-willie-and-korie-robertson-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now.jpg
    9-willie-and-korie-robertson-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,939
  • 15-jep-and-jessica-robertson-with-kids-on-the-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now-e1364400346204.jpg
    15-jep-and-jessica-robertson-with-kids-on-the-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now-e1364400346204.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 953
  • 20-jase-and-missy-robertson-with-kids-on-the-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now.jpg
    20-jase-and-missy-robertson-with-kids-on-the-beach-duck-dynasty-then-and-now.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 12,438
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do not need A&E, A&E needs them, it is their cash cow, their golden egg....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!!! Gee golly wow,I thunk-ed they wore cammo PJ 's even! :tongue3:

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
native flordian has not posted in this thread coil lady...

1.4 million out of 350 million...plus the other nationalities whom watch the program...
I personally have never seen the program, nor do I have an opinion on their intelligence...clearly there are other attributes at work in this thread...
have a nice day. it snowed here...well...about a hundred feet above me...so I am happy...

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
native flordian has not posted in this thread coil lady...

1.4 million out of 350 million...plus the other nationalities whom watch the program...
I personally have never seen the program, nor do I have an opinion on their intelligence...clearly there are other attributes at work in this thread...
have a nice day. it snowed here...well...about a hundred feet above me...so I am happy...

Their audience is 12 million not 350 million, a loss of millions of viewers hurts.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I edited Pippin.You have a nice day as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread