Guns are a problem?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you are paranoid like I am, you may realize a lot of those *mistakes* are not mistakes, but rather a way euthanize the poor and other undesirables in the population...just like when they started closing all the state run mental hospitals, most of the crazies committed suicide, a lot of the others ended up in for profit prisons...the rest ? Well they shoot up schools, shipyards, and movie theaters..call it collateral damage I guess..mistakes my @$$.

Mike

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago I spoke with my buddies wife about my grandmothers diabetes . Seems she ( HAD ) to have a couple toes removed because of circulation problems . Her first question was , what insurance does she have ? I said , what does that have to do with my question ? She said , if you have GOOD insurance , the doctors can save the toes . If she is on medicare , it's CHEAPER for the hospital to just remove the toes . I'm sure you know the rest of the conversation . IF you have a loved one in a hospital , question EVERYTHING that does NOT seem right ......???

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Many years ago I spoke with my buddies wife about my grandmothers diabetes . Seems she ( HAD ) to have a couple toes removed because of circulation problems . Her first question was , what insurance does she have ? I said , what does that have to do with my question ? She said , if you have GOOD insurance , the doctors can save the toes . If she is on medicare , it's CHEAPER for the hospital to just remove the toes . I'm sure you know the rest of the conversation . IF you have a loved one in a hospital , question EVERYTHING that does NOT seem right ......???

You are right on target. I was in a little Texas town with an infection(gunshot wound not treated-OK quit laughing) in two toes. Then they discovered I had diabetes and wanted to take my foot off. I had no insurance. Came back to San Antonio, got insurance and my two toes were removed(infection in bone by then and not treatable), but foot was saved. $62,500 and insurance picked it up. They were pretty efficient when the money was there...

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went thru that with my mom.................... But, she was 94 with insurance! She was bleeding inside, got weak, fell and broke her leg. They fixed the leg fine, then did nothing for the bleeding, except give her more blood. When she got tired, and went to Hospice, then finally bled to death, they started wanting to do an autopsy to see if she had been abused. Finally told em that any abuse was done by the docs and nurses that were supposed to be treating her. And, I would file a suit against the doc, if they persisted. They were out to get as much money from the insurance as they could, and when she had enough, they were unhappy!!!!!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"Milking Medicaid" killed my mother in law. She was scheduled for release after she nearly died from an infection obtained in the operating room of the Arkansas Heart Hospital during her bypass surgery.

Was to be released on Wednesday to another facility, her nurse forced her to take a double dose of "potassium" which shut down her kidneys. They tried to get her really sick before putting her on dialysis, but the doc waited too long and she died.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for your loss Mr. Chadeaux. Lost my Dad in '71 due to Hosp staff admitting to reusing dirty needles to drain the fluid from his arthritic knees and the resulting staph infection.

I just read a story about a man that was to have a leg amputated. After he was put out, the doctor pulled away the man's coverings and saw the man had gotten a sharpie and wrote," Not this one" on his good leg.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
received this Christmas eve...from the wonderful: department of veterans affairs.

no veteran left behind my behind.

----------------------------------------------
Explore VA. Learn what benefits you may be eligible for. Visit Request Rejected

This winter season, millions of Veterans like you will enjoy time with family and friends in the warmth and comfort of home.

But others are facing tough times and may have difficulty meeting basic needs. Some are unable to find work or are coping with financial strains or chronic health conditions. Other Veterans may be dealing with several issues at once—all of which makes everyday life a challenge.

As a Veteran and Veteran-supporter, please let others know that VA can help.

VA provides a variety of benefits to help eligible Veterans live healthy, productive lives, including:

Compensation for those with service-connected disabilities

Education and training to make Veterans more competitive in the workforce

Employment services to open up new career possibilities

Home financing and foreclosure prevention assistance

Home modification grants to accommodate disabilities

Physical and mental health care services

Pension benefits for low-income Veterans and their families

See what VA has to offer at VA.gov/Explore. And then share what you know with the Veterans in your life and in your community.

Thank you for your service, and for taking time this holiday season to help VA reach and serve every Veteran.

P.S. No matter when they served, Veterans may be eligible for education and training benefits or employment services through VA. Explore these and other VA benefits at VA.gov/Explore.

Explore VA Request Rejected VA U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Connect With Us Facebook Twitter YouTube Blog VA.gov Email

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread