JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This isn't only happening in law enforcement but in our national parks as well. Last time I was backpacking/camping a crew of about 5-6 showed up and immediately fanned out behind trees with their military garb on and hand hands on pistol grips peeking out from behind trees. The lone female stated she was training and wanted to see our permits. The other ones started to rummage thru our campsite looking as if we had broken some law. I remember the old days where a friendly ranger in the typical ranger clothes and hat would answer questions and give advise in a kind and friendly manner. These days are gone. I agree, it's time to stand up and fight for our rights before they are gone.

My wife and I are getting older but for thirty years we hiked and camped in many National Parks. We always found the Rangers to be friendly, helpful, and to be wonderful story tellers. What you have to say is heart breaking. I think the younger folks are not outraged by the loss of freedom because they have grown up without it and don't know what they have missed, they just want to be taken care of cradle to grave. Forget the sunset at the Grand Canyon or winter in Yellowstone. Generations of late just want Government handouts.

So long America, enjoyed you while you lasted, sure gonna' miss ya'.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There are places in San Fransisco where there are ordinances that won't allow a parked car in a driveway. In Minnesota, at least at one, time you couldn't have woman's and man's underwear on the same clothesline.

The thing about the guy washing his car is people choose to establish these ordinance's to protect property values. People are made aware of these when the go to buy a home in places like this. It might not even be an ordinance, it might be a covenant on the deed. If it is a covenant, I'm not sure it's a law enforcement issue. Seems enforcement should belong with the neighborhood association in civil court, not with the police.

Anyway these things go, people choose to give up certain liberties in exchange for protecting their investment. Their choice.
It's not for everyone including me but if that;s how they want to live OK, just keep some distance.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yahoo!

Farmer sends message to neighbors with car fence

Mon Aug 4, 4:50 PM ET

HOOPER, Utah - A farmer has erected a fence in his backyard made of three old cars sticking up in the air to send a message to new neighbors that he can do whatever he wants on his farm. "This is just a fun way for me to say, 'Hey boys, I'm still here,'" said Rhett Davis. "This is my redneck Stonehenge."

Davis came up with the idea after neighbors who recently moved into homes next to his hayfield complained about his farm.

"The people who bought the homes say, 'Well, we love looking into your yard and seeing the horses and the cattle, but we don't like the flies, and we don't like the mosquitoes,' and when I cut my field to bale it, they say, 'We don't like the dust in the air,' " Davis said.

Davis said he offered to pay half the cost of a fence between his property and the others and to build it. He said his neighbors declined the offer, saying it would block their view.

Neighbors declined to comment to the Standard-Examiner of Ogden.

Davis said after the neighbors declined his offer, he used a backhoe to dig three large holes on the edge of his property, then took three cars that had competed in demolition derbies and planted them nose-first into the ground.

He said the cars were planted out of humor rather than spite. He said it's important that new residents moving into the area realize that Hooper remains a farming community.

The area has grown recently with new residents who desire a country atmosphere but don't want the smells and noises of farm life, Davis said.

"I respect that they're here and spent a lot on their homes, but on the other hand, give me a little bit, too. I've been here since I was 7 years old," he said.

Davis said he doesn't intend to keep the cars up permanently.

"I've talked to my neighbors and worked things out. I really just thought this would be a funny thing to do," he said. "These can come out just as easy as they went in."

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, obvious what side of the Isle they are on......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he live in one of those "comunal" communities?? They may have a rule about that stuff. My wife's cousins lived in one. They had friends show up in a motorhome that stayed a few days. Someone reported that they ran a power cord from the house to the motorhome so they had to remove it. Some places you can't even have a small propane tank in public view. It's progressives at their very best......almost Stepford Wives. Everyone conforms and acts the same, if you don't, it upsets them.

This is a easy one to beat My son lives in a communal community He wanted to put up a fence for the dog The fence blended with the landscape. But before he could put it up One person complained and permit was denied until we got a lawyer all he told us have 1 person over 50% of the community sign a who gives a sh!t paper and it negates the communal bull. Woman was so ticed she sold her house and moved to a liberal community:laughing7:

Had a cop come over and try to ticket my buddy for being to close to my neighbors driveway we asked what the problem was and he said parking within 48in of his driveway was illegal without blinking I threw a tape to my Bud and measured 54in looked at the cop and said take a hike Liked the look on his face. And politely told him to tell my neighbor we'll be parking my buds 8 wheel dump truck 54in from his drive every morning for a couple of weeks. Never had a problem with that goof since:laughing7:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homeowners associated asked me not park one of my cars on the grass next to my driveway. I said "what about all the basketball hoops on the street which is also a rule violation." They said "kids are just playing". I said "well It violates rules so till they stop car stays..."

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yeah one of my neighbors complained about my motor home being parked in front of my house. No way to get it up the driveway to the house. Besides it's illegal to park it in the driveway as well. Only parked there overnight to pack and unpack and then back to the warehouse where it's stored. But there's always one.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah one of my neighbors complained about my motor home being parked in front of my house. No way to get it up the driveway to the house. Besides it's illegal to park it in the driveway as well. Only parked there overnight to pack and unpack and then back to the warehouse where it's stored. But there's always one.

Apparently there's no snow plowing ordinance there ...............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread