Credit Score..Why ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
So hey Merry Christ mas to all.
So hey I need to get this off my shoulders.
Why is it that a man can and is judged by a number placed upon him that says whether or not he is a worthy citizen ?
I am writing this because it is 4am Christmas morning, and like most nights I cannot sleep, due to severe pain.
My issue is that there seems to be a lack of old school dentists left in the world that will work with somebody that has very little monetary means..goes for doctors to..
I have a little problem with my teeth, I have none, well I have pieces of what used to be teeth, they are all rotted and broken off at the gum line, nerves exposed everywhere.
Somebody explain to me please why I cannot find ( its been years ) any dentist that will barter..you know let me work for their services in some manner..why is it that a number is used to tell people if I am a man of my word or not ?

And no I do not want a handout, sure I qualify for disability, but damnit I do not want it, I want to pay my own way through life, but that pesky number that relays to people that I must be some substandard second class citizen lowlife..has left me laying awake most nights trying to cry quietly on the other side of the house so I do not wake my wife because my mouth hurts so bad.
So make a merry Christmas and if you know or have loved ones who are dentists or doctors, please ask them to have more compassion for those that do not have a shiny plastic card that says they are worthy people.

I make a plea to the money changers to stop judging people based on a number.

Anybody happen to know of a dentist that will let a man work off his debt lemme know...I would sure like to someday be able to eat something that does not have to be ground up first, and without severe pain.

Merry CHRISTmas to one and all.
Happy Birthday Jesus.

Mike

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you're gonna get a bartering dentist. If something were to go south in treatment, would you sue or just write it off as no big deal.

Besides, it's the American way, no money, no dental care. Until you realize that you've paid into the system your entire life and dental care should be available to you.

Credit Scores, when credit cards reached most peoples wallets the banks finally had a way of figuring out who they wanted to lend money to. That's why they pay so little in
interest on savings while usuriously charging for loans.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC,
sorry you have to go through these things. Please see if there is a medical/dental college in or near your area.
They will work on folks at reduced, if not free, for purposes of learning and teaching. Yes, they are students that do the work, but not without having a professional attending, watching, and instructing. In some cases, the dentist teacher may actually do the work, wile the students watch.

A friend of mine had to go through our local dental college for some work. They did a real good job on her.
Your teeth and oral health are VERY important and I'm so sorry you are in pain. If you leave these things unchecked, it could lead to a lot worser things that could be avoided. Please talk with your family, and start looking for a dental teaching facility.
Good luck and Happy Holidays.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Doctor in Green lake Wisconsin you pay what you can afford. Last I heard it's as low as 5 bucks. My Dentist works for Barter hie's got 17 acres and the kind of guy who does not know what a phillips screwdrive:laughing7: Also had a lawyer that worked for seeds on his farm. Really guy thought he was Perry Mason loved the challenge. Seek and you will find

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B.C.... Sounds like you maybe have a good lead in which possibly get some help. And truly hope it pans out for you. I have a short story to share and I'm sure other folks have ran across this also.

20 years ago I gave my elderly parents 8 acres of land here in rural Tennessee very close to me. My dad asked me how much money would I need to build him a home and a large barn. I told him. He drove down and open up a checking account with the cash and put my name on it. I quickly built the home, barn and very large deck and got the entire yard landscaped. I called up and said it's done. They showed up a week later and loved the new home which even came in under budget. So my dad says lets go in and get the power in my name. So we drive in and he can't do it without a VERY LARGE deposit. He asks WHY.... and they stated you have no history here with us. He says I ALWAYS pay my bills. So I left it in my name and he paid it monthly. Then he couldn't get a land phone in his own name without some more hassle dealing with his no credit line so I did that also. Then came the cell phone.... Because he had NO CREDIT I had to put that into my name also. He was really pissed and embarrassed. My dad paid cash for new vehicles and EVERYTHNG his entire life... he never got loans. It really wasn't right because he was very proud of what he had been able to do and now needed my credit line to help him... he didn't understand.

Don't Blink

Apr 17, 2013
Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you can travel but here may be an option for you or someone else who reads this thread.
Remote Area Medical has Free medical clinics including dental and optical.
2014 clinics:
CLINIC SCHEDULE - Remote Area Medical ®
Be sure to read the patient information page if you go.

Here is what they do:
part 1

part 2

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Any teaching hospital should help you. UT med school/University Hospital helped me(foot and leg). Something in our county called Carelink. $80,000 bill, I owe $4000 when and if I can ever pay it back. They treat thousands of low income here. Never a phone call. Pay some or none. You need to seek treatment because of the danger of infection and because you really have a poor life. Pain, no way to live. Get help now buddy...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah, credit scores. I bought a truck in 2000, paid it off in 2 years and never bought on credit again. Came back to San Antonio last year and rental agent told me I have no credit score. Thought that was funny. I pay cash for anything I buy and at the age of 65 figure that will do. At a car dealership having my oil changed and the salesman and the finance guy checked my credit, were amazed, but assured me they would finance anything I wanted to buy. It's all a game and a scam. I've been thinking about a white Corvette convertible. Now if I could only crawl into and out of the damm thing...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah, credit scores. I bought a truck in 2000, paid it off in 2 years and never bought on credit again. Came back to San Antonio last year and rental agent told me I have no credit score. Thought that was funny. I pay cash for anything I buy and at the age of 65 figure that will do. At a car dealership having my oil changed and the salesman and the finance guy checked my credit, were amazed, but assured me they would finance anything I wanted to buy. It's all a game and a scam. I've been thinking about a white Corvette convertible. Now if I could only crawl into and out of the damm thing...

If I don't have the cash, NO SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bank online, I got tired of paying bills at the end of the month and occasionally forgetting to pay one so several years ago I decided to set my banking up to automatically make payments weekly from my checking account for all my bills except my house payment.

My electric builds a credit in the winter when my bill is less and the credit helps cover the summer months when it is hot and bill is higher.

I was never late or missed another payment again paying this way and discovered an additional advantage.

The additional advantage I never thought about was it caused my credit score to shoot through the roof. I am in the high 700's....

Last year when I was talking to my Credit Union loan officer about a car loan they ran my credit and told me how high my credit score was and that I qualified for their best rates, I told them how I paid my bills and the loan officer told me that was why my credit score was so high.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unfortunately, credit scores are a necessary evil. TH and and I'm sure others here have figured out how to max out a credit score. FICO 900 is perfect. And no one is perfect. But scores in the mid to high 800s are very possible.

My own belief is that cash is KING!!!! I pay cash for everything except investment property. And that only because of the math with the taxes makes a difference. For that reason my wife and i maintain high FICO scores. Still, everything on the personal side is bought and paid for with cash. That because my belief is that financing is a facilitator in time of need in the absence of cash. That is, if you need a car but don't have the cash, you finance. if you need a home,but don't have the cash etc etc etc...

The funnier part for us is the all the cajoling to finance when we do buy something. We just bought a new car - Honda Civic LX -deal was at $19400 - out the door tax tags registration and BS dealer fees included- a good deal. But had to listen to salesman, and then finance manager tell me Honda had $500 bonus cash available if I financed. they told me i could pay off the car after 60 days. I told them no and that my new cash offer was $18,900. they said they couldn't do that, i stuck out my hand to shake hands and got up. They then told me Done deal at $18,900 cash all costs included. it was the last day of the month at about 8pm, so that helped. Still, i think i left some of my money on the table. Regardless, cash is king!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread