Minelab Explorer II Problems :(

starwarsblazer

Jul 24, 2007
Portland, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Started up the machine to start off the 2009 season and low and behold my detector wont turn on. I changed out the batteries and it started up but immediately shut itself down. I assumed the batteries I was using (rechargeable) were pretty old, so I bought some new ones, charged them up and loaded them in and about two minutes into the hunt, the machine turned itself off again. I started it up and a message came on the screen "Battery Flat - Cannot run optimal performance" and I thought that was odd since the batteries were brand new. I tested them out and they were in perfect order. I put regular batteries in and the machine did the same thing. Anyone ever heard of this problem? This is the first time this machine has given me problems. I checked the connections, coil, housing, the battery compartment and no problems that I can see. When I called Minelab, they were no help as to what the problem could be. Anyone heard of this problem before because I am stumped :tard:

Thanks!

Greg

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
Take a pencil eraser and clean up the terminals on your battery packs. Also tape the pencil with eraser to a wooden dowel or rod and go down into the battery compartment and clean the springs where they make contact. When your done, use a little WD-40 or contact cleaner / lube on the terminals.

This has worked for me in the past when i had similar problems.

Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread