Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Nov 2009
    5 times

Need help with Micronta 4003

I finally found someone that would let me borrow a metal detector until I have money to buy my own and I looked up how to use it and followed these steps:
    Step 1
    Turn the metal detector on with the "Volume" knob. This also adjusts the level of sound.

Step 2
    Check the batteries. Turn the "Test" knob to the Battery 1 or Battery 2 position and confirm that the needle points to the green area. Then turn the knob to "Nor" for normal operation.

Step 3
    Hit the red "Auto Tune" button on the carrying handle with the head portion of the detector away from any metal objects, and turn the "Tune" knob until the needle hits 0.

Step 4
    Turn the "Sens" knob to the middle position.

Step 5
    Turn the "Mode" knob to VLF (very low frequency), and turn the "GND" knob to account for the type of ground (such as dirt or sand) you are using the metal detector for.

Step 6
    Turn the "Mode" knob to either the TR1 or TR2 position. To set the detector to find metals such as gold or silver, set the "Discrim" knob to Non-ferrous Metals. You can also set it to find Ferrous Metals if you want to search for iron or steel.

Step 7
    Hold the detector with the search coil parallel to the ground. You can adjust the angle of the search coil by loosening the wing nut on the end of the shaft and swinging it to the desired position.

Step 8
    Swing the detector in wide sweeps about 2 inches from the ground.

Problem is- I can't get Step 3 to work. It says to adjust the tune button until it hits 0. It won't move from the far left hand side to adjust to 0. Is there something I could manually do to fix this problem?

us
    May 2008
    deming n.m.
    Any thing Available within 50ft
    8 times

Re: Need help with Micronta 4003

Try the two different TR postition.

Make sure the Discim is turned all the way down.

ca
    Feb 2007
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
    A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBlack53
    Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Step 8
    Maybe a manual would help?
    Try:
    http://support.radioshack.com/productinfo/
    Select "Toys and Gaming" from the drop down list.
    Click on metal detectors.
    Click on 63-3003 (this is the page that covers the Micronta 4003.
    There are 4 pages to choose from, but you will likely want the one titled "Operation".

Good luck!

F.
    Quote of Sir Joshua Reynolds': "There is no expedient, to which a man will not resort; to avoid the real labor, of thinking."

us
    Nov 2009
    5 times

Thanks for the info Ill check it out

ca
    Aug 2007
    Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
    To many to say

If the needle has static buildup wipe the meter with a dryer sheet that may be why it won't go to zero
    HH

ca
    Feb 2007
    Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
    A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBlack53
    Step 3
    Hit the red "Auto Tune" button on the carrying handle with the head portion of the detector away from any metal objects, and turn the "Tune" knob until the needle hits 0.

Problem is- I can't get Step 3 to work. It says to adjust the tune button until it hits 0. It won't move from the far left hand side to adjust to 0. Is there something I could manually do to fix this problem?
    I neglected to mention that the meter's on some detectors have a tiny screw used to adjust the meter back to zero. Mine doesn't have this feature, but yours might. Other detectors, like my model 63-3004, have a needle that seems to just be bent into position. I haven't opened mine up, so I can't say for sure, but if following the manual doesn't result in the needle being able to repositioning itself back to zero, then it may be possible to do so manually.

F.
    Quote of Sir Joshua Reynolds': "There is no expedient, to which a man will not resort; to avoid the real labor, of thinking."

Jul 2014
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thank you for the*informative*posts.
    Last edited by Svverwter; Aug 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

Sponsored Links