Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

ca
    The Dominion of Newfoundland lives on!

Mar 2015
    Random Island, Newfoundland
    Bounty Hunter: Lone Star(sold) Tesoro: Lobo Super-Traq(own) Minelab:X-terra 30(sold) Tesoro: Outlaw(own) Tesoro: Original Silver Saber(own)C C-Scope: 3-MX i Pro
    212 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Question Tesoro Outlaw Depth Problems

Hey guys I have a Tesoro Outlaw which I bought used that has an issue with its depth. During air tests it will sometimes pick up a penny at around six to 7 inches and then it would have trouble picking it up at 2 inches! Now it seems when I turn the machine on it can't pick up penny sized objects until its about 1 inch from the coil( the coil is the stock 8 inch donut).I understand that this machine has manual ground balance. I have also used this machine quite a few times on the field and did pick up some shallow coins but recently it's been very chattery and falsing out a lot too no matter what I do with the ground balance. Am I using the machine right? Or does the machine have an issue that Tesoro will have to fix? Thanks.
    Last edited by Nezazor; Sep 03, 2017 at 09:02 AM. Reason: same sentence twice

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    17893 times
    Metal Detecting
    Have you called the factory and described your problems? That would be my first suggestion.

us
    Bill Jones

May 2007
    Lewiston, Idaho
    Multiple Tesoros and Whites
    667 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd determine if the battery is up to snuff before doing much else. I've been bamboozled a time or two because the new, replacement battery gave the same puzzling actions as the older because it wasn't good, either.
    luvsdux

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links