Whites XLT Problem, Any suggestions..............

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
My XLT is having a problem. It gives constant false signals. I have tried:
Cleaning the coil and coil cover.
Removing the coil cover.
Fresh battery.
Removing the battery with the unit on.
Turning on and off
Changing programs
Praying
Cursing
Praying again for cursing

I was going to put this in the Rant section but I though it would be better to put it in this section. I have attempted to contact the Whites Southeast Service Center, but I could not get a human being on the telephone, just a long recording. I wanted to speak to a warm body to ask a few questions but have been unable to get anyone on the telephone. I also sent them an email discussing my situation but have not had a reply yet. Two days so far.

Just sent another email to the Midwest Service Center hoping for better luck.

If any of you have any suggestions I am all ears....er eyes....

Please hurry, I am experiencing MD withdrawal......

( Yes I have a back up unit, but it is not as much fun as the XLT.)

Thanks.

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Problem is fixed. I received a prompt reply from the Midwest Service Center. Tony, suggested I may have a loose screw causing a ground problem. While I was checking the screws ( they were all tight) I bumped the cable near t he coil and the MD went crazy. I wiggled the cable and the MD had a fit . I put on a small Black Max 5.3 coil and the detector is acting normal again. It appears that I have two bad coils. What are the odds.

In any event I am glad that not to have to ship the unit for service.

Happy Hunting.

Ray S.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
without any previous input from your initial post about what might be in the area to influence bad signals. I find that sometimes when outside interference is bad, try changing the frequency, ... yes something that simple has made a world of difference for me at times.

aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread